Problems with new neighbour's cat.

(5 Posts)
Pollyswall Mon 11-May-15 19:42:39

Just wondered if anyone could give me any tips on how to deal with a situation I'm in. We have new neighbours who have a large very entitled cat, it basically thinks that it owns our garden, which is causing a few difficulties with our small female cat.

I asked the very nice new neighbour if it was a boy or girl, he laughed and said they didn't know, so I'm wondering if it is neutered or inoculated.

Since they moved in I have noticed the odd small scab on our cat, but nothing major, I've just hoped that things would sort themselves out given time.

Anyway, just been to the vets for her yearly jabs and the vet noticed an open wound on her stomach, shaved her and there is a huge bruise as well. Temperature is up so antibiotics given.

What is the best way of keeping this new cat away, any ideas?

Fluffycloudland77 Mon 11-May-15 19:53:51

A super soaker. Someone soaked mine the other day.

shaska Mon 11-May-15 20:31:22

Yep, what Fluffy said. Target practise. If you have an obedient small child who will understand only this cat and only when it's in your garden, never when it isn't, then they can often make great soldiers in the cause.

Sounds mean but it doesn't hurt them and it does work.

Hassled Mon 11-May-15 20:36:40

Yes, water. Rinse out a washing up liquid bottle or something. Cats hate it but it does them no actual harm - you just need to be vigilant and have the water to hand every time you see it.

AnulTheMagnificent Thu 14-May-15 00:00:40

Could you cat proof your garden so that your cat stays in and the other cat stays out?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now