Aggressive cat

(8 Posts)
MumtoD Tue 02-Sep-14 21:18:42

I'm cat sitting for an aggressive cat this week, he literally lunges at my feet/legs from the second I walk through the door. Anyone have any bright ideas to fend him off, so far have been keeping him at bay with a plastic laundry basket lid, but he's getting wise and going for my fingers now sad

Fluffycloudland77 Tue 02-Sep-14 21:46:45

Gardening gloves? Zylkene? confused

What's made the poor lad aggressive?

MumtoD Tue 02-Sep-14 22:32:42

Not sure, he's skittish when his owner is home, possibly just territorial when she's away. Would go the Zylkene route but by the time it kicks in she'll be home hmm I'm wondering if I spray Feliway at him it will help, probably wouldn't hurt to try... unless he eats my hand grin

valrhona Wed 03-Sep-14 00:02:53

No advice ... But that sounds a bit scary! You're braver than me! thanks<wimp emoticon>

The bravest I've ever managed is handling my semi-feral darling Coley at the vet. Sustained several good scratches which I could have avoided by using a towel --idiot newbie--smile

RubbishMantra Wed 03-Sep-14 02:42:51

Feliway is better sprayed in the cat's environment, he'll think you hate him if you spray it at him. smile

I have an aggressive cat, Dreamies go a long way towards sweetening the deal...

cozietoesie Wed 03-Sep-14 02:56:05

I think I would always assume that an aggressive cat was a frightened cat and be trying to work out what was wrong in his life with a view to sorting it. Your problem is that not only is he not yours but you only have a week with him by yourself so I'm not sure there's much you can do at the moment.

MumtoD Wed 03-Sep-14 16:44:52

I'm in agreement cozietoesie Im counting the days to the weekend smile actually he wasn't too bad today, the oversize handbag threw him, only went for me once... or maybe he's getting used to me

Roseblossom2 Thu 04-Sep-14 11:12:25

Feliway is good at calming a stressed cat down. You don't spray it at the cat though, just around the room, or you can get plugins. They are quite pricey though So I'd suggest it to the cat's owner before you splash out smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now