ok ok kitten pics!

(32 Posts)

Dill (ginger boy) and Parsley (brown tortie ish girl)
my 12 week old Maine Coons smile

It is already clear that Parsley is the brighter and braver of the two.. I've had them 24 hours and she is coming for a cuddle and purring lots. Dill is more timid and dopey but will purr if I stroke him after foodsmile

As you can see from Dill over my shoulder.. he's only 12 weeks and I think he may be quite big when he grows up!

cozietoesie Sat 30-Aug-14 19:46:16

Almost edible. (And those ears on Parsley - don't let her outside in windy conditions !)

smile

I know.. she has HUGE Coon ears smile And a purr that can't possibly come from such a dinky little body smile Maybe we should rename her Dumbo grin

chockbic Sat 30-Aug-14 19:53:23

They are gorgeous and cuddlesome.

Loving the lion face of Dill.

Meow75 Sat 30-Aug-14 20:04:03

It's a good job we don't know where you live. I love ginger cats so Dill is awesome, and Parsley looks a bit like my childhood cat.

Lovely names too - nice one Medusa!!

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 30-Aug-14 20:12:12

Oh they are munchable. Parsley is so pretty.

Dills paws are huge. He's going to be a big boy.

I just want to munch their little tummies.

Corygal Sat 30-Aug-14 21:16:16

Too swooningly sweet! You must be so happy and proud.

CatKisser Sat 30-Aug-14 21:17:36

Oh they are just BEAUTIFUL!!!
Torties have such a special place in my heart as do gingers. Those ears! Immensely jealous and suddenly cat-broody!!

CatKisser Sat 30-Aug-14 21:18:11

And look at the ginger's MASSIVE front legs!! He's going to be a huge lad!

timtam23 Sat 30-Aug-14 21:35:49

Oh they are gorgeous. Just look at those ears! smile

Now having a name dilemma grin
The kids are adamant that we should stick to our original choices (Obi.. Oberon and Ophie ..Ophelia) and I kinda agree. But Dh wants to stick with Dill....

Meow75 Sat 30-Aug-14 21:46:05

Well, there's nothing wrong with them having nicknames. Out two have about seven names each!!!!

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 30-Aug-14 22:08:39

I kinda like dill too.

My cat was called peter and spartacus as a kitten by the breeder.

Who chose names last time?

I always choose... (last time my kids were only little) they are mine I tell you MINE!!!!!

Girly is deinitely going back to be Ophelia.. Ophie suits her as she looks delicate and ethereal but is actually pretty feisty. Obi/Dill is less obvious... maybe we can combine them.. Dillobie? Obidill?

cozietoesie Sat 30-Aug-14 23:24:30

They'll grow into the names that 'fit' them. I'd be pretty relaxed about it.

smile

RubbishMantra Sun 31-Aug-14 00:24:16

Aww! Female has awesome ears! Like a Lynx! (I have a weakness for large-eared cats, having a Devon Rex myself)

Enjoy basking in the lovely kitten love. smile

minkah Sun 31-Aug-14 00:44:02

They are completely gorgeous. more pics will be required.

Congratulations on the new family members.

SugarSkully Sun 31-Aug-14 10:32:19

omg, they're gorgeous.. at 12wks they're already bigger than mine who's 18wks! lol.

here Rubbish, if you like big ears!

Aw SugarSkully they are mega ears :D

SugarSkully Sun 31-Aug-14 11:52:14

she's grown into them a bit, they looked HUGE on her when we first had her, dh keeps asking her where noddy is.. poor love lol.

chockbic Mon 01-Sep-14 17:49:45

Pretty kitty, SS smile

How are your kittens doing, Medusa?

They are FAB! Ophelia is the braver..and naughtier of the two and is already rocking up to me in the morning squeaking and purring smile Oberon is a bit shy and dim, but is now approaching me and this morning came and lay across my laptop while I was having my coffee in bed before work :D

I am wondering whether I could bring them downstairs for a few hours when Portia is out (she usually mooches out for a few hours in the evening) or is it too soon?

I need to tire them out as they were rampaging across the landing at 3am this morning..and for tiny babies they sounded like elephants. Plus the attractive 4am poos..... :D

I LUFFS them!

cozietoesie Mon 01-Sep-14 19:05:16

That's th advantage of having Siamese sleeping in bed with you - within 24/36 hours, they've adjusted to human rhythms and are sleeping through. Have you considered letting them come into your room of a night?

I slept with them last night in the spare room.. but yes tonight they can come into my room..and bed.. ANYTHING for a quiet night :D

cozietoesie Mon 01-Sep-14 22:02:59

Best of luck then. I've always had cats who sleep through (for many moons) and I would be a tad.....tetchy......about being woken up at 3 in the morning.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now