Does anyone else's cats like Pringles?

(28 Posts)
Hurr1cane Mon 25-Aug-14 17:29:30

Giant rescue just nicked DSs.

And has crunches his way through it

Pipbin Mon 25-Aug-14 17:32:55

One of my mum's cats would knock crisps out of your hand!

Hurr1cane Mon 25-Aug-14 17:37:49

He did have food issues when he came to us, but this is the strangest thing I've seen him eat. He nicked it off DS and then ran off and ate it sat on DPs leg.

Oh yes, and popadoms, and Doritos, especially the cheesy ones.

Hurr1cane Mon 25-Aug-14 17:39:20

These were salt and vinegar!

My cat loves crisps and will try to steal them whenever she can.

17leftfeet Mon 25-Aug-14 17:41:02

Mine loves all flavours of crisp type things and also Bombay mix

He also has a thing for chip shop chips

LegoSuperstar Mon 25-Aug-14 17:47:30

Legocat would scoff a whole pipe of Pringles given half a chance. he loves crisps, the oniony ones are favourite. he's only allowed one or two.

MadameLegoCat is disdainful of most food, she loves pilchards but is watching her figure.

Hurr1cane Mon 25-Aug-14 17:49:02

How strange! I didn't think it would be something cats like

carolinecupcake Mon 25-Aug-14 17:50:01

My cat also loves crisps and even popcorn! If I leave the bowl unattended he's in there!

TeenagersDriveMeMad Mon 25-Aug-14 17:51:17

Mine eats everything. He grabbed a bourbon biscuit the other day and managed to eat half of it before I wrestled it off him!

He likes cheese and onion crisps but not salt and vinegar smile .

chockbic Mon 25-Aug-14 17:52:20

Old tabby girl ate crisps, cheese and liked to lick curry sauce.

She also licked at some lager. No doubt to wash the curry down.

GemmaTeller Mon 25-Aug-14 18:01:21

Fat old cat likes pringles, wotsits, quavers, cheese and onion crisps and.....maltesers.

Boy cat is obsessed with double cream, if he's in the garden and won't come in, we have to get the tub of cream, shout 'do you want this?' and crack the acrylic top off - he scoots in pronto.
No matter where in the house he is, and no matter how quiet you try and do it, as soon as you take the top off the tub of cream you hear him jump down and run into the kitchen.

LegoSuperstar Mon 25-Aug-14 18:02:25

I would never have thought cats like crisps or cakes or anything not meaty until I came home to Legocat scoffing a batch of scones I'd made. they were on a cooling rack and he'd scooped out a cat muzzle sized hole in the top of every single one. He tried to deny it but had flour all over his face grin

He loves spaghetti too and will steal it from DS plate if I don't watch him. MadameLegocat rolls her eyes and does her nails.

chockbic Mon 25-Aug-14 18:06:23

Forgot about cake. Blueberry muffin a firm fave.

Thought they couldn't taste sweet things?

Hurr1cane Mon 25-Aug-14 18:13:56

Feral kitten likes coffee. But I read it's terrible for them, so DP has to cover his coffee cup when he has some and puts it down for a second. She one spent 10 minutes trying to get the book off the cup confused

RubbishMantra Mon 25-Aug-14 18:39:17

Our kitten loves them! They send him loopy though, so he's only allowed a few tiny bits. He's at the age where he'll eat anything - salad, cake, but cheese is his favourite. Goes mad for it.

Adult cat loves coffee too, if any gets spilt on the floor, he licks it up. They both go mental for the cream on top of a Starbucks frappeccino.

They both love nibbling the flowers of the geraniums in my garden, yet completely ignore the catmint I planted for them...

RubbishMantra Mon 25-Aug-14 18:45:04

Oh, and MKitten's Favourite Thing is flies. He follows me around and gobbles them up after I've swatted them.

Our cat loves olives, well she likes licking and chasing olives. What she really likes is the brine they come in, which I'm sure is horribly bad for her so we chase her away when she goes after them.

punygod Mon 25-Aug-14 18:52:14

Aw, this has reminded me of my late cat.

She would appear on your knee within seconds of you rustling a crisp packet.

She bloody loved them, and when she got old and toothless, she'd suck and dribble them to mush.

RIP Martha

Pipbin Mon 25-Aug-14 19:01:16

One of mum's other cats loved Rolos.
Last night we had vegetarian 'fish', the cat came and begged for some.
She also loves ice cream. We can get a tub of Hagen Daz out if the freezer and she comes running. No idea how she knows.

AwkwardSquad Mon 25-Aug-14 19:25:21

One of our cats (now deceased) used to go berserk for cheesy wotsits. We used to give her one very occasionally but she would stalk us if a packet was opened. Highly entertaining.

She also loved sponge cake, blue cheese, icecream and rice pudding. And broccoli, especially if with a blue cheese sauce.

Current incumbent also very fond of sponge cake.

GoodboyBindleFeatherstone Mon 25-Aug-14 19:27:43

I used to have a cat that loved marshmallows. He'd stick his paw in the packet and help himself. He was luffly.

Mylittlepotofjoy Mon 25-Aug-14 20:59:47

My Siamese loves crisps popcorn cakes ( all types) anything I am eating . How he is so sleek and I'm so fat I will never know !!! Lol

Mylittlepotofjoy Mon 25-Aug-14 21:01:37

Oh just remembered last night he took a liking to my bloody pimms !!!:-/

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now