My friend's cat has disappeared

(7 Posts)
Blithereens Mon 25-Aug-14 08:06:35

They've only had her a month or so. Rescue, from a centre. Been very affectionate and seemed very settled. Had become very keen to explore outside.

They (friend and her flatmate) decided to take her out together, before a mealtime so she would be hungry, walk out with her but not carry, everything you're supposed to do. She just shot off into a bush and still hasn't come back. This was yesterday morning!

They've been out regularly calling. She is microchipped. They are left her carrier, food and water outside so she might smell it and come back. What else can they do, apart from the obvious posters etc? My friend is beside herself because the cat has never been out before, and doesn't know the area sad

cozietoesie Mon 25-Aug-14 08:36:50

How old is the cat, Blithereens ? And I guess it's neutered as it's from a rescue?

CatKisser Mon 25-Aug-14 08:41:20

I've heard you can scatter a bit of used litter around the entrance to the house in the hope it might recognise her scent and come back. Does your friend have a cat flap?

Blithereens Mon 25-Aug-14 09:19:58

CatKisser - No cat flap. They have a communal front door so couldn't have one. That's a good tip about the litter, thank you!

Cozie - I think the cat is about two years old, and she is neutered. Of course I've had cats disappear for a few days before, but never on their first time out! My poor friend, she feels terrible.

Blithereens Tue 26-Aug-14 20:48:18

She came home!! She is hungry and wants a lot of fuss. Thank god!

CatKisser Tue 26-Aug-14 20:49:32

Woop woop!

Fluffycloudland77 Tue 26-Aug-14 21:16:00

Oh good it's so worrying when they just vanish like that.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now