So I got a new Kitten...

(13 Posts)
QueenFuri Mon 25-Aug-14 07:48:24

She has me and cat hating DP wrapped around her teeny tiny little paws and is a bundle of trouble. Three hours after she was dropped off she squeezed into a tiny crevice behind washer. Cue DP ripping kickboards backs of cupboards out, 45 minutes later we could hear her so had too call the Fire and Rescue Service out. The 4 hunks firemen got her out cue lots of awwws and look at the kitty hmm. Then bedtime came around and she was supposed too sleep in her temporary bed a cat box.. she was not amused. 2am she jumped on top of said cat box and snuggled down on my throat! I managed 4 hours. She got up played with the DC and had some brekkie and is now sound asleep in the cat box!!! She's firmly showing me she is boss isn't she? A quick question she is fully litter trained eating pouches but hasn't drunk since getting here I've offered cat milk and water both of which the dog drank is this ok or should I try using a dropper?

InanimateCarbonRod Mon 25-Aug-14 07:51:37

Congratulations on the new arrival. Cats don't drink much so don't worry about that. They get the majority of their liquid from wet food. Just leave a bowl of water out for her and she'll drink when she needs to. Wait until she's fully grown for the very occasional cat milk as its full of sugar and they don't need it. I don't know if you know but cats are lactose intolerant so don't give her any cows milk. Good luck!

QueenFuri Mon 25-Aug-14 08:02:04

Yes I had cats when I was younger but its been a good few years. I'll leave water out for her as she's very good at eating.

cozietoesie Mon 25-Aug-14 08:31:18

I recall with Twoago, I decided to break the habits of a lifetime and have him sleep in a cat bed - it was a lovely box with a fresh, cozy and fragrant fleece in it.

He thought it was a great game to play with his new Mum. (I'd had him for about 4-5 hours.) I put him in and he jumped out, I put him in again and he jumped out, I put him in again and he jumped out...........

After half an hour of this, he clearly decided that enough was enough, went to the bed, snuggled down between us and more or less was saying by body language - 'OK. Game over. Time for proper sleep now.'

I gave up - I really should have known better than to even try.

Darling cat. I still miss him.

CatKisser Mon 25-Aug-14 08:38:54

In a moment of boredom, having just moved house, I decided to make a "cat hotel" out of two of the packing boxes. I cut them little entrances and placed their lovely beds inside. Honesty, it never ONCE got used and the only place any of them will sleep is a) my bed or b) on the heated drying rack.

Any chance of a pic of your little one??

QueenFuri Mon 25-Aug-14 09:10:12

[ http://instagram.com/p/sGkKCsN4zg/] Here's Belle as she's sometimes know we tend too call her Cat!

CatKisser Mon 25-Aug-14 09:13:15

Oh what a beautiful fluffy little thing!!! Is she a moggie or a particular breed? Her face doesn't look like your typical moggy!

QueenFuri Mon 25-Aug-14 09:17:28

She's just a moggy I think we got her from a friend who's cat accidentally got caught. Her little face is gorgeous though I'm definitely in love.

InanimateCarbonRod Mon 25-Aug-14 22:34:39

She's fab! No wonder you fell in love. What a sweetie.

sashh Tue 26-Aug-14 10:31:00

Too cute

QueenFuri Tue 26-Aug-14 13:22:40

She's a monkey! I'm now her bed she has learned how too climb the bed too get me. Her new favourite toy is my six year old collie x he is not amused!!

Fluffycloudland77 Tue 26-Aug-14 19:37:20

So cat hating dp is now a confirmed cat person now then?.

QueenFuri Tue 26-Aug-14 22:26:59

Oh yes.. he plays with her more than I do. I walked in earlier and they were on the floor together she on his chest chasing her fish on a stick thingy grin I think he was telling porkies about how much he disliked them!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now