My precious little Iz

(13 Posts)
superbabysmummy Wed 20-Aug-14 09:44:12

I lost my cat this week, she was bitten by an adder (of all things!) & didn't make it. I can't get my head around it. Absolutely distraught ... 🐾

superbabysmummy Wed 20-Aug-14 09:46:09

Distraught & having to put a brave face on at work... Actually just want to curl up in a ball and break my heart ...

sad I'm so sorry for your loss.
Can you call in sick just for today? Grief is a very very valid reason to do so and you need time.

Tell us about her, was she young, old? She was obviously loved very very much !

MrsPresley Wed 20-Aug-14 10:00:11

I'm so sorry to hear about your lovely cat sad

Could you maybe take a days annual leave?

When my lovely dog died a few years ago, I was on annual leave, but there's no way I could have went into work for the first few days.

Even when I went back, I was still quite tearful.

It's horrible when we lose a much loved pet

LastingLight Wed 20-Aug-14 10:36:00

(((HUGS)))

superbabysmummy Wed 20-Aug-14 10:58:00

I am a consultant and only work 2 days as it is so can't really call in sick or take annual leave, just trying to get through it today...I'll be at home tomorrow with my lovely little girl, our other cat and my dog. But time is standing still at the moment.

superbabysmummy Wed 20-Aug-14 11:03:18

She was loved, very much, she was only 5 and really huge personality, long haired, grey, stunning eyes and very beautiful. She was tiny with a tiny little miaow. She was always outside catching rats and winding the dogs up (on farm, working dogs!). She'd dance in the security lights at 2 in the morning and run at the catch lap nearly taking it off it's hinges when she fired through it! She loved us very much, especially my daughter and spent her days asleep on the rocking chair in her room. Just can't fathom life without her in it, she's ingrained in it. We lost our horse only a couple of years ago and I still struggle with that... Feel so
Much guilt and 'what if'. When will it get better?

cozietoesie Wed 20-Aug-14 11:42:25

Gradually.

I'm so sorry that you've lost her - but it sounds as if she had a great life in the years she was with you.

superbabysmummy Wed 20-Aug-14 11:53:04

Terrible timing too, we just got a new puppy 3 weeks ago. She hated it, we thought 'time' and they'd all adjust. We didn't get the time and she died on her own, at the vets in unfamiliar and sterile surroundings, scared and thinking we'd replaced her with a dog...I bet she thought she'd been sent away to make room. we just thought she had a cat bite on her foot and she'd be home tomorrow when we left her at the vets, so convinced it was nothing serious we didn't even say bye hmm

cozietoesie Wed 20-Aug-14 12:25:39

That's your feelings coming in there, super - she was probably out for the count and knew nothing about it. It still sounds as if you gave her a good life while she was with you.

superbabysmummy Wed 20-Aug-14 12:37:44

Thank you Cozie, I know you are right, just not very rationale at the mo! I guess it's all part of the process x

RubbishMantra Fri 22-Aug-14 02:58:19

Yes, cozie's right super, you're over-thinking it and feeling guilty because as human beings, that's what we do. Nothing you could have done to prevent an outdoor cat living in the countryside from what happened. And she sounds like such a ballsy little character.

Cats think more simplistically, she was loved and cared for by you.

Wishyouwould Sat 23-Aug-14 21:49:25

So sorry for your loss OP flowers

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now