So grateful that this service exists.

(5 Posts)
2kidsintow Sun 17-Aug-14 20:45:15

In our area (N Wales) there's a great family-run pet cemetery service.

Today their pet ambulance came to collect our Old Man (19 years old) who died on Saturday. They will cremate him separately tomorrow and then return him to us in a small wooden box/casket with his name engraved on it.

I never imagined that I would use such a service and didn't know about it until MIL's cat died and she did it. And now the time has come, I find it's very comforting to know that he's been taken to be looked after and then we will have him in a little box to put in his favourite place.

(The thought of him in a crem has just dissolved me into tears though.)

cozietoesie Sun 17-Aug-14 21:22:00

Don't worry - you're doing very well given how recent the loss was. Shall you be putting his ashes in the garden - with a plant over them or something?

spudmasher Sun 17-Aug-14 21:31:32

This brought me a lot of comfort too. Look after yourself. It's exhausting losing a much loved member of the family.

2kidsintow Sun 17-Aug-14 22:55:37

He will be in a wooden box with a brass plaque engraved with his name. We will choose one of the places he preferred to sit to place the box although his favourite place, DH's laptop keyboard isn't going to be convenient .

MIL;s cat's box is on top of the microwave in her kitchen/diner as that's where her cat loved to sit. Bruce will probably be put on a sunny windowsill overlooking the garden.

SecretNutellaFix Sun 17-Aug-14 23:06:21

We had two of our cats and the family dog cremated.

First cat is in a carved wooden box that looks like a cat sleeping and is on top of the piano which is where he used to sit and flick things at me. The other cat is in a blue marble urn and is at mum's. The dog is in a box with Indian style carving on the outside with her name on a plaque. She is also at mum's.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now