I'm on holiday

(20 Posts)
BigPawsBrown Thu 14-Aug-14 10:27:27

And I miss my cat blushsad

cozietoesie Thu 14-Aug-14 11:08:12

Just think of that first night back when you can snuggle up and all.

smile

(If the cat has forgiven you by then. wink)

catsofa Thu 14-Aug-14 11:19:18

Aw, I always miss mine when I'm away. Apparently whoever it is who first comes to feed her for me while I'm gone gets a proper howl as she realises this means I'm not coming home sad

Hope the rest of your holiday is good!

isseywithcats Thu 14-Aug-14 16:07:19

i always spend holidays missing my mob and then when i get home they sort of look at me as if to say oh yer back then are you, right5 must be biscuit time and all make a dash for their food bowls

ShakeYourTailFeathers Thu 14-Aug-14 17:13:54

ours go into the cattery soon for the first time sad

they'll sulk for a month afterwards won't they?

chockbic Thu 14-Aug-14 17:17:13

They do sulk but soon get over it.

Especially if food is involved.

ShakeYourTailFeathers Thu 14-Aug-14 17:20:33

haha yes good plan, must get some treats in for our return grin

CabbagePatchCheryl Thu 14-Aug-14 17:21:02

Aw, I totally know how you feel. Even when we were on honeymoon, I missed my kitteh so much. I kept looking at little tiny dogs (there are loads in Venice) and thinking "He looks about the same size as Archie, maybe I could just scoop him up for a snuggle". [crazy cat lady emoticon]

Last time we went on holiday, my neighbour fed him and she is nearly as in love with him as me. She sent me a Facebook message every day with "Archie's Holiday Diary" and a pic. Utterly ridiculous but it made me so happy.

Yours will be absolutely fine BigPaws smile probably has barely noticed you've gone wink

chockbic Thu 14-Aug-14 17:21:56

Yes you can bribe treat them.

I miss SparklingCat sooo much when i am away. I think of her at the cattery wondering where I am. sad

DH does the horrible dropping off bit and I do the fantastic picking up bit. grin

juneybean Thu 14-Aug-14 17:26:41

I've got to go away for work at the weekend and I'm going to miss my cat so much sad

catsofa Thu 14-Aug-14 18:12:28

I always say "I wonder what she's doing right now..." and my partner says "But you know what she's doing, she's curled up snoring and farting on the bed. That's what she does for 20 hours a day normally, and we're not even there to disturb her sleep!"

BigPawsBrown Thu 14-Aug-14 23:32:29

I really worry my cat (a rescue cat) thinks he's been abandoned and has to find a new home again blush. I had two days holiday in one location before my main holiday and I drove an extra 20 miles to take a detour home to see him blush. We are very in love!

cozietoesie Fri 15-Aug-14 00:20:06

But then you'll turn up again and he'll be back to his home! I suspect that, if anything, it will go to reinforcing his bond with you. (A quick treat and then into your normal routine is usually good: they seem to find that reassuring.)

PinkSparklyElephant Fri 15-Aug-14 08:48:26

I miss mine really badly when we're away. He doesn't sulk when we come home, he's all over us and I think that's worse as it makes me feel even more guilty sad

mrsnec Fri 15-Aug-14 09:06:53

I've not left her longer than 4 days since we had her. We've never put her in a cattery we always get people in she knows yet she still goes on hunger strike when we leave her.And I always worry about her.

Ours is a rescue cat too that hadn't occurred to me Bigpaws.

cozietoesie Fri 15-Aug-14 09:15:31

I just don't go on holiday because Seniorboy would go into a bad despond if I wasn't here. With a younger cat I might say 'Stuff it' but he's so elderly now that a few days of not eating might ......not be so good for him. You get used to it - and I certainly know this area better than I otherwise might from going out and doing local trips.

jessabell Fri 15-Aug-14 09:37:59

My cats. look better for being in cattery
Have had somebody coming in didnt work. Just picked our two cats up from cattery. They made horrible meow on way home. Had a good walk round sniffing everything. They pounced on their food. Had to keep door open so able to snuggle on the bed last night. I call the cattery the health farm as they look a bit thinner.

BigPawsBrown Sat 16-Aug-14 23:13:08

I get to see Benjamin tomorrow!

CabbagePatchCheryl Sun 17-Aug-14 09:51:55

Yay! Cat day! Enjoy smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now