(28 Posts)
moldingsunbeams Mon 11-Aug-14 10:15:56

help me retain my sanity...

Sparklingbrook Mon 11-Aug-14 10:16:48

envy

Tell us more. grin

figgypuddings Mon 11-Aug-14 10:19:56

<wanders in zombie style>
We have four stray kittens and are trying to catch the mother to take her to the vet.
I
FEEL
YOUR
PAIN
<wanders off in an altered state of sleep deprivation>

notnowImreading Mon 11-Aug-14 10:20:15

With a picture please.

Sparklingbrook Mon 11-Aug-14 10:21:08

I have no kittens. envy Sparkling cat and Dh they say no to kittens.

juliascurr Mon 11-Aug-14 10:23:15

:D

sorry
but I sniggered at your anguish
I snigger still

grin

NacMacFeeglie Mon 11-Aug-14 10:33:25

I have a ten week old kitten and a ridiculous amount of cute photos. He is like mine and my dps baby. It's sickening grin

He is also a little horror and spends most of his time trying to provoke us into a fight by biting or pouncing or generally plonking himself in unreasonable places. I love cats grin

Yesterday he decided to practice pouncing. On my face. Then he decided to try claw up my carpet. And keep returning despite my shooing him away. My DP had a man to man chat with him which resulted in the kitten taking the opportunity to bite his nose smile

He climbs up my legs and sits on my shoulders and meows pathetically cute when he knows I am near strangulation stage.

I am not actually sure if he is a boy but judging by how much he enjoys me trying to check I would say so.

No advice OP other than accepting you are not a second class citizen to your bundle of joy grin

moldingsunbeams Mon 11-Aug-14 10:39:07

it won't let me load a picture on phone.
He is a ginger bengal cross.
He sleeps all day and thunders across the flat attacking the sofa/plant/anything all night. if i shut him in a room he howls and howls. We are in a flat so can't not hear him.
cat has decided after four days the back of the chair is a much nicer place for having a poo than the litter tray.
My neighbour hates us.

NacMacFeeglie Mon 11-Aug-14 10:50:12

Ah a bengal cross you lucky person you. I would have loved a bengal but they aren't for the faint hearted.

Move the litter tray to the back of the chair. Each day move it a little further away until it's where you want it to be. That's what I had to do with my little bomb shell.

NacMacFeeglie Mon 11-Aug-14 10:51:42

I'd also suggest trying to keep him awake in the day. A bit like an older baby as such. Lots of play with a toy or string etc. see if that leads to a more peaceful night for you all.

InanimateCarbonRod Mon 11-Aug-14 10:55:15

We've just adopted two rescues. 9 weeks and 12 weeks. I look like I've been slashed by a maniac. I'm covered in tiny kitten sized scrapes and tiny teeth marks. Yesterday while standing at the kitchen sink the 12 week old one launched himself at me and stuck all four sets of claws into my thigh. My subsequent screams sent him running. Wouldn't be without them though grin

nothruroad Mon 11-Aug-14 11:38:39

NacMacFeeglie, it is unacceptable to boast of cute kitten photos and not share them with us. Get uploading right now please. grin

figgypuddings Mon 11-Aug-14 11:57:55

Four fat pawed, plump little black kittens here. One has a dab of white on her chest. They are doing that puffed up sideways thing to each other.
The second you pick them up, they start purring.

NacMacFeeglie Mon 11-Aug-14 12:09:07

Cuteness

NacMacFeeglie Mon 11-Aug-14 12:09:52

And more

wantacatplease Mon 11-Aug-14 15:50:27

Oh my dear lord! He's beautiful!

wantacatplease Mon 11-Aug-14 15:52:35

He's so fluffy! Is he a ragdoll x?

InanimateCarbonRod Mon 11-Aug-14 15:54:47

OH HE'S DIVINE!!!! I bet that fluffy little belly is heaven to snuggle into!

Fluffycloudland77 Mon 11-Aug-14 22:08:22

You have a bengal in a flat? Mwhahahaha.

They calm down a bit after they turn 4yo. Neutering helps.

They have no mute button.

NacMacFeeglie Wed 13-Aug-14 08:00:42

I've no idea what feegliekitten is other than insane grin he has spots on his belly and stripes in his legs. I hoped he was part bengal but I think not. smile

moldingsunbeams Wed 13-Aug-14 09:40:21

well Bengal Cross Fluffy grin he will be able to go out once vaccinated as there are woods directly at the back of us.

moldingsunbeams Wed 13-Aug-14 09:41:13

once he is big enough I mean!

Fluffycloudland77 Wed 13-Aug-14 09:47:16

Vaccinated, chipped & neutered?

Believe me you do not want an entire bengal Tom. Mines a wilful little sod with no Pom Poms.

moldingsunbeams Wed 13-Aug-14 11:08:45

all our cats are chipped and neutured, he will be no different...

Namechangearoonie123 Wed 13-Aug-14 11:11:24

Fuck, he's ludicrously gorgeous shock

I'm
So
Envious

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now