I think I stole someone's cat.

(3 Posts)
Besmonetha Fri 11-Jul-14 20:55:12

In the last place I lived, this really filthy, underweight cat turned up, so I took her in, got rid of her fleas, worms and expressed her anal glands. I got really attached to her, she fell in love with my dp, and we moved and bought her with us.

Now I look at her and its summer, she is skinny, eating like she has been smoking pot, her bum is getting puffy again, she is always dirty because she loves taking dust baths and the fleas seem to love her. This all makes me think that she wasn't homeless and that I have absconded with someone's russian blue. Thing is, she has no chip, so even if I were nice enough I won't be returning her.

For reference, she lived with us for a year before we moved.

So, sorry to whoever it was who has lost their cat. I did look out for lost cat posters.

AlpacaLypse Fri 11-Jul-14 21:00:31

Did you actually tell anyone you'd found a stray cat? Like vets, police etc? If you did and still no-one came forward then your conscience can be clear.

But they can stray huge distances, the former owners could be several miles from your old home.

Fluffycloudland77 Fri 11-Jul-14 21:10:58

I'd microchip her before it happens again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now