So worried about my boy and don't know what to do :(

(7 Posts)
HippyJess Mon 07-Jul-14 11:59:24

My cat lives with my mum at the moment as DH and I are in a flat for a while and it's better for him there. We came to visit on Saturday (pre-planned) and he looks like he has a broken tail. The bit near his bum is fine but the last 3 or so inches look snapped (for want of a better word) and limp, and there's a wound with dried blood. He doesn't seem in pain at all though and has been his usual self.

DH has had to go back to work, as has DM today, so I've stayed at mums to take him to the vets at 4pm today (the soonest we could get). But we let him out last night as usual and he hasn't come home yet sad normally he's back at 7am or earlier shouting for food!

I'm so so worried about him, it isn't like him to be gone this long. I've been wandering around the local area shouting for him but I'm 30 weeks pregnant and can't walk very far sad I don't know what to do! What if something's happened to him? Should I go out again and check near the roads?

I'm being so pathetic, stupid hormonal cryinh mess sat on the sofa and I wish I could do more sad

RubbishMantra Mon 07-Jul-14 14:23:39

You might want to ring your local RSPCA and local vets - is he chipped?

Do you know how long his tail has been broken for? He may well have an infection, cat with open wound in this heat, not great, flies etc.. When you get him back, don't let him out until his tail heals.

Does he have any favourite treats you could shake whilst calling him? Whenever mine goes missing, he's managed to get himself locked in neighbour's cellars, so try knocking on a few doors.

HippyJess Mon 07-Jul-14 15:31:13

Have rung the vets, he's chipped but they haven't had anything. Just waiting for DM to get back to knock on doors with me as I can't go far on foot without a lot of hip pain.

The wound will only have been tiny, could only tell because of a small amount of dried blood, she noticed it on Friday I think but after the vets had closed. I didn't want to let him out last night but stupidly didn't put my foot down sad

cozietoesie Mon 07-Jul-14 16:11:42

Have you phoned the vets to explain the situation? They'll sometimes take them without/with variations to an appointment. They recognize that animals do things differently.

HippyJess Mon 07-Jul-14 16:58:33

We had to cancel the appointment (explained why) but he's still not back. I'm worried sick, he's such a softie, think I'd be less worried if he was tougher sad just keeping everything crossed that he comes home soon...

cozietoesie Mon 07-Jul-14 20:50:02

Is he back, Jess ?

HippyJess Tue 08-Jul-14 12:29:29

He's still not back, we've now plastered photos all over Facebook and put up posters, my mum's also putting notes through people's doors this evening sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now