Cat drinking fountains

(24 Posts)
lljkk Sat 14-Jun-14 19:44:52

Do you have one? Which one & how do you rate it? Do you think they are definitely worthwhile?

StandsOnGoldenSands Sat 14-Jun-14 19:47:40

I have two. The buggers don't use either of them.
I also have water bowls all over the place.

They drink out of my glass. angry

pinkyredrose Sat 14-Jun-14 19:49:19

I don't have one but will lurk as am v interested. My cat won't drink from a bowl only a running tap. As I'm not in to put the tap on all the time I'm worried about her drying up when it's hot!

lljkk Sat 14-Jun-14 19:49:54

That's not what I want to hear, Stands. angry....grin

lljkk Sat 14-Jun-14 19:50:19

ps: which 2 do you have that they don't use? Are they noisy, expensive filters, hard to clean, leaky?

animallover85 Sat 14-Jun-14 19:57:00

Stands.....I love that! So funny! Used to have one for our two but it was difficult to clean. Went back to just a big bowl of water changed twice daily.

Harry1603 Sat 14-Jun-14 20:30:30

I'm thinking of getting one for Harry but I'm worried it'll scare him - I'll watch this thread with interest!

PestoSunnyissimos Sat 14-Jun-14 20:37:36

I have a Cat Mate one for PestoCat. It's quiet and you can adjust the flow & it has filter cartridges to keep the water clean. He loves drinking from it too smile

pinkyredrose Sat 14-Jun-14 20:42:32

Ooh pesto that looks awesome! Where did you get it please?

PestoSunnyissimos Sat 14-Jun-14 20:48:36

I think I got it from Amazon. I just researched water fountains & read the reviews & then chose this one. It's brilliant with different levels they can drink from and easy to clean too.

pinkyredrose Sat 14-Jun-14 21:51:15

Brilliant thank you smile I'll check it out.

notnowImreading Sat 14-Jun-14 21:54:19

My cat was terrified of it. Every time it was turned on he would put all his hair up and walk sideways around it. Then he pissed on it.

lljkk Sat 14-Jun-14 22:07:41

lol @ notnowIR.

KatnissEvermean Sun 15-Jun-14 15:01:22

I had the Catit Fresh and Clear fountain, which they loved, but they also enjoyed tipping it over!

I replaced it with the Catit Drinking Fountain, and they were more suspicious of that one and the pump didn't seem to work as well.

They are back to water bowls, but they were drinking a lot more with the fountains so I think I will have to find a new one.

StandsOnGoldenSands Sun 15-Jun-14 15:05:50

Sorry for not replying before.

Not sure what brands they are (they both live in the junk cupboard now) but similar to the pic above. Not partic noisy or leaky. The cats just decided to scorn them. No idea why. Keeping me on my toes, I suspect.

lljkk Sun 15-Jun-14 16:53:57

I read that the Catit fountain is noisy...?

KatnissEvermean Sun 15-Jun-14 17:04:51

The second Catit one I had was quite noisy, especially when it was running lower on water. I think that's why they weren't so keen on it.

PestoSunnyissimos Sun 15-Jun-14 17:06:13

Our CatMate one is almost silent, you'd never notice it - honest. Highly recommended smile

INeedSomeHelp Sun 15-Jun-14 17:12:18

I have the same one as Pesto and my cat drinks quite happily out of it. Before he wouldn't drink water at all - only Whiskas cat milk which was costing me a fortune so it's definitely paid for itself.

coppertop Sun 15-Jun-14 18:20:40

I've got the Petmate one:

www.petmate.com/deluxe-fresh-flow

It's quiet and the cat uses it a lot. It took a couple of days of him sniffing at it before he would use it, but after that he didn't bother with his water bowl anymore.

PestoSunnyissimos Sun 15-Jun-14 18:29:52

I think water fountains are a great idea for cats. PestoCat would only drink out of the taps before we got his, so now I don't have to worry about him getting enough to drink as freshly oxygenated running water is always available to him now smile

catsofa Sun 15-Jun-14 18:37:55

I think mine would be scared of those. She'll only drink from the water beside my bed because then she can stick her bum in my face at the same time.

Is there a machine for rubbing a cat's head when your arm is about to fall off and she's not done yet? I am trapped at my desk with her on my lap...

MinesaBottle Sun 15-Jun-14 19:53:52

I have a Cat Mate one but we only got it because the little sod decided pushing his bowl around till all the water sloshed out, then wandering off to watch from a safe distance while I mopped it up, was an excellent game. No idea how he feels about the fountain but he does drink from it (and can't move it which is the main thing!)

TamzinGrey Sun 15-Jun-14 21:52:36

I've got this onehttp://www.amazon.co.uk/Petmate-06039-Cat-Mate-Fountain/dp/B001NYGB8W/ref=zg_bs_471304031_2

Our old girl was a bit suspicious for a couple of days, but then fell madly in love with it and will now drink from only three places - her fountain, DH's bedside water glass, or the filthy old pot of rainwater outside the back door.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now