What next?!

(19 Posts)
Itsfab Wed 11-Jun-14 19:21:28

BoyCat and GirlCat have brought us many presents.

Worms - dead
Frog - alive
Shrews - dead
Mice - dead
A Mouse - alive

And today a live bloody squirrel!!!!

Thought to be fair he didn't bring it in the house. Having too much fun with it in the garden hmm. He was very pleased with himself. I shrieked like a mad person and he completely ignored me.

cozietoesie Wed 11-Jun-14 19:31:46

Does next door have a dog?

JonSnowsPout Wed 11-Jun-14 19:35:31

A swan.

Fluffycloudland77 Wed 11-Jun-14 19:44:50

Frogs are usually alive aren't they? They taste too bad to chew on.

He must be fast to get a squirrel.

Itsfab Wed 11-Jun-14 20:07:13

There is a Dalmatian next door. BoyCat was snoozing in his garden when BoyDalmatian noticed him mid wee. FABCat was never this much trouble..

cozietoesie Wed 11-Jun-14 20:18:26

A squirrel, if full grown and healthy, is serious prey! I recall trying to pick up and take home as a pet one particularly fluffy grey one when I saw it in the local park as a young child. I still have the scars.

Itsfab Wed 11-Jun-14 20:22:23

I saw a squirrel yesterday and GirlCat chased it off then the deceased one today and one very much alive tucking into all the seeds I had put out for the birds, after knocking the seed holder off the tree hmm.

I am dreading what he might bring tomorrow. I think I will go out..

Harry1603 Thu 12-Jun-14 21:46:10

Harry isn't big on presents thank God. We have had some strange ones though.

Dead worms I can cope with - Harry used to bring in live ones, hanging out of his mouth like a wriggling moustache!

I was sitting on the loo and I noticed one of those huge black spiders in the corner of the bathroom. Harry usually accompanies me to the loo so I was praying he didn't see it. Oh no, he saw it and chased it towards me! I jumped up off the loo and ran out, narrowly avoiding the 3 legged frog bleeding out on the hall floor!

And the best one (which will out me to anyone who knows me!) - Harry had a weed habit! The first summer we had him we kept finding pond plants ripped apart and scattered through the house. It turns out he was raiding the neighbours' pond (leaving the fish) and dragging the plants across the road and through the cat flap! We only knew where he was getting them when they put a sign on the gate asking the thief to return their plants! I took them back in a bucket DH said they were less likely to hit me!) and explained and luckily they thought it was hilarious once they knew it was a cat!

chemenger Fri 13-Jun-14 08:47:10

Our next door neighbours had full grown rabbits, a pheasant and at one point stopped their cat trying to bring in a seagull (alive, imagine the fun if he had succeeded!). A live baby rabbit is the furthest mine has gone.

chemenger Fri 13-Jun-14 08:47:39

I forgot about the whole roast chicken that a friend's cat brought in one Sunday.

Itsfab Fri 13-Jun-14 13:24:18

Ever since the squirrel murder one of his friends has visited to feast on the bird seed. I feel duty bound to refill the feeder confused.

Germgirl Fri 13-Jun-14 13:45:03

My ex cat dragged a live, furious, pigeon through the cat flap once. It was livid & proceeded to fly around the kitchen crapping everywhere.
And just today I've had a dead rat removed from under the cooker. The rat man reckons GermCat brought it in as a youngster & it set up home under the kitchen units, peeing on the floor & stinking the house out.

Marrow Fri 13-Jun-14 13:50:02

One of mine brings back both dead and alive baby rabbits. The other one has only managed to bring home a Christmas tree bauble and a lamb chop!

Itsfab Fri 13-Jun-14 14:01:07

I had dh pull out the fridge to hoover behind and huge relief there wasn't a mouse underneath, there has been three in the recent past all found within a few minutes by me, and then the fridge was put back and there was a mouse by Dh's feet. Yuk.

BoyCat came home for breakfast with mucky wet paws and a wet back. I think he plays in the pond on the corner. Haven't seen him since he popped in at 9.30.

cozietoesie Fri 13-Jun-14 14:13:19

The Lodger chased a mouse under a piece of hall furniture without me knowing and it was only the subsequent smell that alerted me to move and check everything. Luckily, I got to it before the maggots.

The joy of having cats.

cozietoesie Fri 13-Jun-14 14:14:20

*before the maggots developed.

lljkk Fri 13-Jun-14 17:14:03

Today I was woken up by CAT2 meowing about a baby vole scurrying around the linen basket (sigh).

It was his proud excited look-at-me-mummy meow. Like I should share the joy. Hmph.

WitchWay Fri 13-Jun-14 17:27:37

One of mine has brought live baby rabbits, both have brought moles, live & dead - the live one was particularly entertaining - every time the cat let go of it for it to run & be chased it started digging vertically down thought the lawn. When just its bottom was sticking out she grabbed it & hauled it back.

Eventually it bit her & she left it alone - immediately it began digging downwards in the middle of my nice lawn so I rushed out with rubber gloves on & grabbed it myself, relocating it to a local field in a bucket grin

WitchWay Fri 13-Jun-14 17:28:11

*through the lawn not thought the lawn

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now