Found a kitten!!!

(77 Posts)

Please help dunno what to do. Typing with him on my chest. He's a farm kitten. What do I do? How old would people say he is? He's crying!

cozietoesie Wed 11-Jun-14 21:58:34

I wonder what he was up to on his adventure. Did you ever get him vetted?

Im worried about him to be honest, Cozie. He's quite irritable at the moment and growling when snowy annoys him. (Snowy just doesn't GET when not to leap on him.) I'm sensing he wants to be out all night but I cant risk it with the noisy bastard foxes literally outside my window. On Saturday when I get a lie in I will make a massive fuss of him - hes fine in the mornings when he knows he'll be going out soon, just irritable in the evenings when I shut him in.

Not going to introduce the kitten any time soon, he just doesn't need it. I'm really pleased Snowy likes her though, but must make sure he doesn't take the rough play too far. Cersei has been knocked over once or twice today. Thank Belle I hope she does too!!!

cozietoesie Wed 11-Jun-14 16:59:28

Scabbers should mellow - especially when he sees Snowy playing with her. Scabbers has had a lot to deal with (not only accepting Snowy but also whatever happened to him on his recent (mis)adventure) so it may just take him a little longer. Lots of treats for that boy, I think.

smile

Blithereens Wed 11-Jun-14 13:54:56

I knew from the first post you wouldn't be able to give her away grin

She's been out a few times in the living room. Snowy has realised there's a potential playmate there and has been enjoying games of hide and seek and tig! She does that hilarious side ways skipping thing and topples over!
It's SO funny actually, he biffs her a bit, but with claws in and SHE DOES IT BACK! It's so funny given the size difference. I reckon they'll be just fine.
Scabbers not convinced yet, there has been growling, but we'll get there.

BelleOfTheBorstal Wed 11-Jun-14 10:00:56

Love the name you've chosen, just hope she has less issues than her human counterpart!

cozietoesie Wed 11-Jun-14 09:49:57

If she's staying, I'd be tempted to let her out for a wander if you think the other two wouldn't eat her. At the moment, they know that the door to the spare room is shut and there's CAT behind it - but they don't know what shape or form it will take so I could understand that they would be unsettled. If they realize that it's only her (annoying though she may be to a grown cat) and are allowed to explore the spare room, I suspect it might help. Just a thought anyway.

They are amazing cats, timtam! I do love gingers, and your other one has such unusual markings!
Yes, little Cersei is definitely here to stay! Have dedicated far too much though over night to how I can give her the run of upstairs, but block off the stairs while still allowing the bigger cats to go wherever they like!

timtam23 Tue 10-Jun-14 22:38:30

We haven't ruled out increasing the cat count but at the moment we're recovering from what was a very sad & draining few weeks looking after the old boy in his final illness. Duds seems ok on his own so we may stay with 1 young healthy one for now.

1 cat isn't really enough though. I think 3 is a good number (go on JonSnow, please keep her!)

Scarletohello Tue 10-Jun-14 22:25:18

Aw lovely! < melts >. Yes, am sure they are sent to us for a reason. smile

cozietoesie Tue 10-Jun-14 22:23:16

Oh he's a bumper boy! (Gives you an idea what Jon's new kit will look like after a good few months of food and love.)

(I reckon you have vacancies now, timtam?)

timtam23 Tue 10-Jun-14 22:18:47

Sorry to hijack JonSnow

Well - it has been 9-10 months I suppose - Duds is nearly 1 now.
My old boy cat was put to sleep last week, it has been sad but we are glad to have Duds around, the house would seem empty without a cat and yes I think Duds must have been found by us for a reason (which is also why I have a hunch that Jon will keep the little black & white girl!)

Here is a pic of grown-up Duds a few weeks ago & also one of him grooming my lovely old boy

Scarletohello Tue 10-Jun-14 21:43:35

Timtam I loved reading your thread about Dudley. Was so heart warming! Sad your older cats both passed away but they do and I'm sure they were very well lived seems very serendipitous that little Dudley came along when he did. smile

cozietoesie Tue 10-Jun-14 21:37:49

I think we need a photo of the grown up Dudley!

smile

isseywithcats Tue 10-Jun-14 21:34:33

wow timtam has it really been a year thats gone so fast and sad to read that the oldies have gone to the bridge sounds like fate sent you the kitten at the right time

isseywithcats Tue 10-Jun-14 21:33:13

shes adorable and of course nature has this way of making little kittens that you find so cute that you cant give them away but i would still contact CPL about looking at the feral community in your area and seeing if they can do a trap neuter return program in the area or there will be so many kittens born soon that the area will get overun with ferals and not all of them will get spotted as young as this one

timtam23 Tue 10-Jun-14 21:20:22

What a cutie Jon!
DH & I said we couldn't possibly keep our tiny kitten when he was found under the car bonnet (we also had 2 elderly adult cats at the time)

1 year on & the great fat lump is fast asleep on my bed, there was no way we could have given him away or sent him to a rescue - he had already gone through so much in his short life. He is the loveliest cat & I wouldn't be without him (Also very sadly the 2 oldies have now died so he is our only cat)

blush thank you corygal!!

Corygal Tue 10-Jun-14 20:00:04

She's so beautiful and so are you!! Massive congratulations on saving her and a wonderful future to you both.

Oh she's going nowhere! :-D

Scarletohello Tue 10-Jun-14 19:49:43

Such a cutie, there's no way u are gonna be able to give her away...

Bleurgh, shurrup! grin
Here are a couple more pics, sorry they're not good, they were taken on iPad.

cozietoesie Tue 10-Jun-14 18:42:00

Hah! And you thought my comment of last Saturday was just a joke?

grin

Just a quick update (pics to follow later.)
Well, she is thriving. She's now eating kitten meat and drinking kitten milk quite happily. I can already notice an increase in her size in just 3 days. Also, she's less clingy to me (but still loves cuddles and I'm her personal climbing frame) and is so keen to explore her room. She's even starting to play! Doing the mad skipping, although a bit clumsily, and so curious about Snowy, who's by and large stopped hissing and now prefers to sniff her nose and bum!

Speaking of bums, I has to perform the delightful task of giving her backside a warm wash earlier as it was a bit mucky. I figured mum would usually lick her clean, which is a little out of my remit... Her bum hole (sorry!) looks a little red so I will keep an eye on that, but she seems to be pooing more normally now. Also, she uses the litter tray every time! I'm so impressed.

Predictably, I told bf I will really struggle to give her away, which he'd already guessed....so I think I'm going to be looking after her for the foreseeable future! grin

She's doing great thanks. Seemed happy enough when it popped home at lunch. Seems to be pooing normally and even took herself to the litter tray! She is very very loving, loves rubbing her face on mine. Only trouble is she wants to be out of the spare room more but I can't let her wander the house as she will get trapped somewhere. Plus the other two are definitely quite unsettled with her here. Sorry for crap typing am on phone. Gonna find laptop...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now