14 year old cat weeing upstairs...please tell me there's something I can do!

(7 Posts)

I know she's old, I'm trying to be sympathetic but I cant stand it! She's ok in herself, eating grooming etc, bit stiff but that's about it. She started doing it when we had builders in so we thought it was just the disruption, but she's done it at least once a week for a couple of months now including on various beds sad

She's got a cat flap and still goes out.

Please tell me I can do something about it! I'm really conscious that she's not got many years left and I don't want to spend them being cross at her! Disclaimer: I am nice to her, honest!

fairyfuckwings Fri 06-Jun-14 02:21:20

My tom's about the same age and has recently started having the odd accident. Well, I say accident but it's more like he can't be arsed going outside in inclement weather. I've brought back the litter tray.

He's using it quite happily. Touch wood!

Are you saying you haven't got a litter tray? If not, get one, and that should solve it. Older cats often decide going outside is too much trouble, particularly if it's cold or raining. It's very common to have to provide a tray for cats that previously used a cat flap as they get older.

No, no tray. That does make sense!

cozietoesie Fri 06-Jun-14 07:24:43

A tray or two as TCN suggested and - when was she last vetted? If she's a bit stiff and having the odd accident, it sounds as if she could do with a check up?

cozietoesie Fri 06-Jun-14 07:27:38

PS - I got Seniorboy at 13/14 and he's still with us these years later and a happy boy - albeit on meds for his arthritis. Don't mentally write her off yet!

smile

smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now