Siamese being sick for two days...SO worried.

(10 Posts)
flamineckpip Sat 07-Jun-14 16:08:21

How is he Mrs Winnibago?

SquirrelledAway Thu 05-Jun-14 12:58:56

Could be pancreatitis - Siamese can be prone to this.

Wishyouwould Wed 04-Jun-14 21:13:15

Hope you got some answers from the vet OP and that your cat is ok.

Lonecatwithkitten Wed 04-Jun-14 15:09:49

Very many possible causes and without seeing your cat impossible to guess.
I hope a dietary indiscretion (ate rotten stuff).

cozietoesie Wed 04-Jun-14 13:53:35

Maybe he's got a grass seed problem? Only the vet will be able to tell.

Not being able to do anything is the worst. Was 6 the earliest they wanted to see him?

(I'm afraid that they can purr from stress of some sort (and also seek closeness) as well as pleasure.)

MrsWinnibago Wed 04-Jun-14 13:46:57

He isn't in pain when I touch him and he can jump and stretch. I've been dabbing his mouth with water which he licks off...as a way to try to hydrate him a bit.

I love him so much sad

MrsWinnibago Wed 04-Jun-14 13:46:04

He wants to sit on me all the time and is purring when he does...he's very sociable in general and I'm hoping that his desire for my company means he isn't feeling constantly sick or anything...but just that perhaps he's got a hairball stuck or something?

He's been going out more lately and eating grass...we moved a month ago and it's only in the past 8 days that he's gone out...only for half an hour with me in attendance. I know he's not eaten poison. He goes on my grass and eats it though...he's always done that..could it be related though?

cozietoesie Wed 04-Jun-14 13:40:22

I'd be guessing some obstruction in his gut or something wrong with his mouth/throat but that's only a guess. It's awful when they can't tell you the problem, isn't it?

Best of luck at the vet's and let us know how you get on.

Fluffycloudland77 Wed 04-Jun-14 13:08:25

I don't know but I really hope it's something simple. Let us know.

MrsWinnibago Wed 04-Jun-14 12:11:07

He hasn't eaten since yesterday morning and I don't think he's had a drink that I have noticed. He's heaving terribly...and there's nothing but foam to come up. sad

I've called the vet and they say to come in at 6 but I'm terribly worried...what could it be? His eyes look sticky and he's not hiding away but will come and sit on me uninvited and purr when I stroke him but he's turned down water and food (I put some drops on my finger and dabbed it on his tongue a few times today) I'm SO worried.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now