Anyone watching The Secret Life of Cats?

(29 Posts)
YoureBeingASillyBilly Mon 02-Jun-14 21:50:16

I am and i have a question.

They have just said that at 12 weeks kittens are ready to go outside. Well i have a 12/13 (halfway between) week old kitten and there is no way in hell i would let him outside yet. He is my 5th kitten so not a PFK but i dont think i let any of them out that early. What age did you all let them out at?

Just to give background. I live centrally in a busy town, right beside a school on a crazy road. Neighbour's dog hates cats and got hold of my other neighbours adult cat a few weeks ago (no damage done thankfully) and lots of other adults cats around here. So maybe my kitten has more risks than others.

MandarinCheesecake Wed 04-Jun-14 11:28:24

Ha Ha I deliberately didn't open cosies link as my brain becomes a pile of mush trying to figure it all out.

I knew tabby cats were a little bit more complicated so couldn't even begin to explain the ins and outs of it all.
Solid colours are so much easier to work with!!! grin

TheOneWithTheNicestSmile Thu 05-Jun-14 22:51:41

I have one of Cailleach's ivy kittens & we never knew who their mum was, let alone their dad/s

But that litter was

One plain grey with white bits (female)
One black with a few faint gingery smudges (female)
Three grey tabby (2 male, the 3rd died very young & I don't think we ever knew if that one was male or female but poss male, given the other 2?)
One brown tabby (female)

I have the brown tabby, whose markings are actually spotty & she seems distinctly Bengal-ish. I think at least one of the grey tabby boys was spotty too.

My other 2 cats are litter sisters, both quite small:

one black, not long-haired but very furry, & chunky build
one tuxedo, short haired, skinny & slinky

they have a ginger brother who is short-haired, big, & chunky!

TheOneWithTheNicestSmile Thu 05-Jun-14 22:52:32

oh, the mother of my 2 black cats was calico (?) - black, white & ginger mixed

TheOneWithTheNicestSmile Thu 05-Jun-14 22:54:23

& my 2 black cats were positively dark grey as kittens, but got darker & darker as their kitten fur grew out & ended up completely black (although there are still residual tabby markings in the right light)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now