Vocal cat

(7 Posts)
randdom Mon 02-Jun-14 10:57:21

I hope someone can help me. I am just not sure whether I should be worried or not.

We have four cats in our household. The youngest two are neutered boys of just over a year who we have had since they were 10 weeks old.

Over the last 2-3 weeks Jerry who is one of the boys had been incredibly vocal. As soon as he comes into the house he starts calling out. He otherwise seems like his normal self and seems to enjoy playing with his brother, cuddles and isn't in any obvious pain/is eating well. I am not sure if I should worry about this quite sudden change or not?

The only thing I am wondering if it could be is that I am now 3 days overdue with my 1st baby. I don't know if cats can sense that something is different and that might be upsetting him?

Thanks for any help!

cozietoesie Mon 02-Jun-14 11:23:48

Cats can often tell when you're pregnant/when things are happening with a pregnancy - he won't necessarily be upset as such - just .......commenting and feeling that he wants to be close I reckon.

Have you got the bag packed?

smile

randdom Tue 03-Jun-14 17:33:33

Bag is packed smile

Our female cat now won't leave me alone so there might be something in it!

Thanks

AbbeyBartlet Tue 03-Jun-14 17:46:53

Agree with cozie - he can probably sense that things are happening and wants to join in!

Blithereens Tue 03-Jun-14 17:56:45

Do you think his hearing is ok? When one of mine went deaf he turned into a huge chatterbox because he didn't have any volume control and also couldn't hear us responding to him.

I'm sure yours is just excited about all the comings and goings, but might be worth checking out.

randdom Tue 03-Jun-14 18:05:23

I think he hears ok. When my husband calls out at the back he always comes running. I will keep an eye though thanks!

Blithereens Tue 03-Jun-14 18:10:14

Oh sounds like his hearing is fine then. He probably just wants to give you his thoughts and opinions on the day's events!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now