I don't know what to do about my cat

(10 Posts)
mytwoblackandwhitecats Sat 31-May-14 20:57:46

As my name suggests I have two black and white cats smile

I love them. I got them as rescue kittens two years ago.

My girl is sociable, curious and sweet natured, a normal cat. My boy is terrified of everyone who isn't me. When my dad used to visit, he would refuse to come in, or, if he was in the house would hide somewhere and not come out for 48 hours.

My dad has died, I have moved in with a brother for a temporary basis and my boy is clearly stressed out, but I have to be here.

I've tried Feliway but it hasn't made a difference. He won't eat or have a drink of water, I talk to him gently and stroke him but he just hides in the most unlikely places.

Help sad

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 31-May-14 21:51:11

Zylkene. You get it off amazon and it makes them very chilled.

It's made from milk, it gives my cat a runny bottom but it doesn't affect all cats like that.

How long have you been living at your brother's? I'm sure he'll come round eventually, it's just a matter of time. Unfortunately it could be quite a long time. As for the not eating or drinking, he will definitely relent sooner or later. He won't starve himself to death.

Does he have a place in the house where he can feel safe? A quiet room? Or just maybe a cardboard box with a top and a little hole cut out of the front so he can go in, and some fluffy things inside.

mytwoblackandwhitecats Sat 31-May-14 22:09:42

It's a fairly spacious house and there's lots of room, but he just hides in the weirdest places and I'm sure they can't be comfortable.

He's so timid; even back in my old house he hid under the duvet.

I hope he'll settle when his sister gets here sad they wash each other and I love it smile

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 31-May-14 22:32:16

They get a lot of fluid from wet food, as long as he has some wet food he should be ok.

mytwoblackandwhitecats Sat 31-May-14 22:49:36

He won't eat anything sad

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 31-May-14 22:52:30

In that case I would ring the vet.

How long have you been living there? How long is it since he ate?

mytwoblackandwhitecats Sun 01-Jun-14 08:05:53

He finally ate last night when my brother went to bed, and then he ate some breakfast this morning!

I think he has lost weight though (both cats are long haired so it isn't always easy to see.)

Fluffycloudland77 Sun 01-Jun-14 08:46:57

Well that is good news, I was getting worried about him.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now