Does anyone else's cat have a fight with their tail?

(8 Posts)
dingit Sat 10-May-14 15:28:13

It cracks me up every time smile

FamiliesShareGerms Sat 10-May-14 16:13:53

Yup - it's like the tail has a mind of its own, and certainly dies not want to be washed grin

AwkwardSquad Sat 10-May-14 16:36:14

Yes, pretty much everyday, usually at 5am, with enthusiasm and vigour.... I lie in bed hearing 'kerthump! Rumble rumble rumble... kerthump!' God knows what the neighbours think, but luckily I don't care.

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 10-May-14 16:54:09

Oh yes, especially when it twitches and he watches it as if its not him twitching it.

Tails must be immune to chewing if its your own.

dingit Sat 10-May-14 17:24:10

Mine tells it off!

EnlightenedOwl Sun 11-May-14 16:03:01

Yep sits growling at it and slapping it!

SuperFlyHigh Sun 11-May-14 21:41:29

ah my old cat bless her, she washed the sides of tail but couldn't get to the tip, so sometimes I'd hold tail and tip so she could wash (which she did) the tip and then she'd bite it…. weird animal… I just thought it was better it was clean, and obviously so did she but couldn't reach the tip.

PigletJohn Sun 11-May-14 22:10:22

I had a cat that did that, poor thing had a tail that had been shut in a door when he was small, I think it was painful, and he sometimes drew blood. does vet have an opinion? I think mine would have been happier with a stump sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now