Introducing 2 new female kittens to resident female cat

(3 Posts)
Boltonlass1972 Tue 06-May-14 21:59:20

We get 10week old kittens this weekend. So far I have bought 2 soft toys, had one in the kittens bed at their house and one in our cats bed. I then swapped those last week so they could get used to smell. I plan to keep kittens closed away from cat for a few days then intro by holding kittens for her to smell for short times.
Grateful for any suggestions or experience. Have had kittens twice before but never introduced them where already a cat. Thanks

justyeh Sun 11-May-14 07:17:54

Well the already cat will not be happy.. but will eventually accept them as it's easier introducing kitten's than older cat's, try feliway, plenty of catnip and treats when introducing so your cat associates new kitten's with good things.

Fuzzymum1 Sun 11-May-14 21:58:20

My son and his GF have just got two young kittens, they live near to her parents and the cat that lived with the GF all her life has decided to move in with them. She's ancient (about 20) and almost blind, and to begin with hated the kittens if they came too close. She began tolerating them and over the weekend I had a message to say she was curled up asleep with one of the kittens. It's only three weeks since the kittens moved in.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now