Aren't vets (and cats) amazing?

(4 Posts)
bonzo77 Mon 28-Apr-14 21:56:09

At 7am this morning my cat was miserable, lethargic, immobile and not eating. I really thought she was dying. At 750 the vet answered his phone. She was in the clinic at 945. On the operating table at lunch time, and home at 7pm with a lampshade, a large bandage, her appetite back and a big spring in her step. And thank goodness for insurance. The vet in question is big, previously maligned chain. My cats have always had fabulous care from them.

It's great that she's on the mend. But aren't some owners also amazing? You saw something was wrong, you got her to the vet straight away, and you made sure she was insured. That's much more than many owners manage. So give yourself plenty of credit too.

What was wrong with her?

bonzo77 Mon 28-Apr-14 22:23:13

She had been injured (in a fight we guess). It was right on her hock(?) and the tendons exposed, though not damaged. She needed cleaning up and stitching. I know it's partly that she's a bit high on sedatives and analgesics, but honestly she's back to her usual self. I'm very PFB about her: she's not allowed out after dark, I brush her teeth and watch her weight. Admittedly she's still not been seen about her chin thing, because it comes and goes so fast that even if I get her a same day appointment it's gone by the time she's due in. But that was another thread.

Oh yes, I remember the chin thing thread.

You brush her teeth! (and presumably still have all your limbs) <well impressed>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now