Does Cat Pet Insurance cover road accidents, hit by a car etc..

(5 Posts)
hulahoopsilove Tue 22-Apr-14 15:54:55

Just wondering as Im thinking of taking this out on our new kitty and a friend has said Cat Pet Insurance doesnot cover you if your cat has been in a car accident etc...

RosesandRugby Tue 22-Apr-14 16:02:41

You will have to check the policy details to see if it does.
Mine didn't and it doesn't for my dog. Its usually dependant on how much you pay for a policy. The more you pay the more it covers.
Also my policy will only cover for individual injuries / illnesses and not multiple illnesses/injuries. So for example complications after surgery are not covered on my policy (I have to pay for them myself) but the main initial diagnosis is covered.

Damnautocorrect Tue 22-Apr-14 17:01:30

Mine does cover it £2800 later I'm glad it did!!! Be very picky and choosey with your cover, good cover is expensive for a reason. I was with more than for years but as my old boys getting on I've swapped to a cheaper pet plan one now as i don't think we would need (or want) long term illness cover now.

cozietoesie Tue 22-Apr-14 17:02:11

It depends on the policy and what you opt/pay for, hula. Always check the detail with insurance of any kind.

Lonecatwithkitten Tue 22-Apr-14 17:35:44

I've have never know an insurance company not to pay out for injuries from a road traffic accident in either a dog or a cat. My RTA claims would be in the hundreds with over £100K claimed.
Any policy with restriction in it probably has so many other restrictions it's not worth having.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now