My cat has been hit by a car

(12 Posts)
NaturalBaby Fri 18-Apr-14 14:20:45

and DH doesn't want to pay for her surgery. She seems to be o.k but has a head injury and needs an operation. We've always had pet insurance but when we got this kitten he decided to risk going without it. Now we're facing a massive bill and he's not impressed. I'm marching him off to the vet to see her.

bishboschone Fri 18-Apr-14 14:23:30

You owe it to the cat to help her. poor thing

NaturalBaby Fri 18-Apr-14 14:26:32

She's only 2. Money's not the issue in my eyes. She's just a cat to him but she's my little girl.

Gileswithachainsaw Fri 18-Apr-14 14:30:36

Aw poor baby sad

What operation does she need? Is it something where there is an alternative? Tell your dh that if he stands a very good chance of a recovery after the op then he owes it to the poor thing to try!!

I could understand if she was really old or the op was a long shot and he didn't want to put her through it.

He's the idiot who refused the insurance that's no excuse to not pay now sad

SecretWitch Fri 18-Apr-14 14:36:09

Oh, I am so sorry. How on earth could he allow your little lass to suffer without helping? I'm sending huge hugs to you and good thoughts for a speedy recovery..xx

NaturalBaby Fri 18-Apr-14 17:30:16

We've both had a good chat with the vet and it looks like she'll be o.k. They had given us a worst case final bill based on the fact that it's a bank holiday weekend and DH freaked out a bit, but has calmed down a bit now. We'll have a chat after she's calmed down and had xrays, then they'll operate and fix up her face and reassess the situation.
I have a nice pile of 'presents' in the garden that she left us yesterday.

SecretWitch Fri 18-Apr-14 21:03:27

Excellent news, then! I hope you all have a peaceful weekend..xx

Gileswithachainsaw Sat 19-Apr-14 20:40:12

I'm glad your cats is going up be ok smile

NaturalBaby Sat 19-Apr-14 21:15:02

Thank you. She's coming home tomorrow grin. She only needed a minor procedure so the bill won't be the worst case. We've got to keep a close eye on her for a few weeks and I think she's going to be a handful to look after.

itsnothingoriginal Sat 19-Apr-14 21:21:51

Glad she's going to be ok. Fingers crossed for a swift recovery from her op..

Pipbin Sat 19-Apr-14 21:35:05

Poor baby, glad she's going to be OK. Now get pet insurance!

NaturalBaby Mon 21-Apr-14 19:00:58

Hopefully this is the last time one of my cats gets seriously injured. We're crossing our fingers now that her injured leg recovers otherwise it will have to be amputated (and cost more!).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now