Bloody cats. Nothing but a worry.

(20 Posts)
Madratlady Wed 16-Apr-14 15:00:12

Girlcat has been out since yesterday morning and I'm starting to worry. Chances are she'll come strolling in later on and get all confused when I act so pleased to see her.

JulesJules Wed 16-Apr-14 15:05:33

God, I know. Bastards. I'm sure they do it deliberately to keep us on our toes. Hope she's back soon.

Nandocushion Wed 16-Apr-14 15:12:59

We keep ours inside. Never any worry, unless I shut one of them in the closet.

Madratlady Wed 16-Apr-14 15:18:18

Nando if we tried to keep them inside we'd never be able to open a door or window! Thankfully we're in a safe area for them to wander.

This is the same cat who escaped on the way to the vets several miles away in a different village and spent 5 weeks living rough before she let anyone catch her and return her to us. Asking the neighbours if they've seen her would be completely pointless because we have 2 almost identical black cats. Mind you, it's not the first time she's been out for over a day so I'm likely worrying about nothing.

timtam23 Wed 16-Apr-14 21:06:09

Oh no Madrat I remember your previous thread really well! Can't believe she's gone missing again! Any sign of her yet?

Ratbagcatbag Wed 16-Apr-14 21:07:48

It is exceptionally mild at the moment so our cat is also strolling in at all hours rather than tucked up where she should be before bedtime.
I worry too.

KittieCat Wed 16-Apr-14 21:22:45

I too remember your previous thread. A slightly more convenient disappearing act this time but I'm sure a worry still. Sending 'come on home' vibes!

Madratlady Thu 17-Apr-14 08:01:28

Still not home. I think she's shut in somewhere, apart from her long disappearance a few months agi she's never been gone for long.

Oh dear. Have you put up posters/done leaflets asking people to check their sheds and garages?

Madratlady Thu 17-Apr-14 21:09:03

Not yet, dh keeps pointing out that she was once out for 2 days before. I think it's time to go and search for her if she doesn't come home tonight. Boycat has been a velcro cat today, he always misses her if she's gone for long.

Madratlady Fri 18-Apr-14 16:45:01

She wandered back in about 10 minutes ago, ate loads then wandered back out with Boycat. He is pleased to see her.

cozietoesie Fri 18-Apr-14 16:46:29

Did she give you the 'What's your problem?' look?

I'm glad she's back. smile

Madratlady Fri 18-Apr-14 17:11:44

I cried with relief, she seemed baffled. She only stayed 10 bloody minutes. She'd better come home for tea or I'll not be her friend any more!

cozietoesie Fri 18-Apr-14 17:14:44

grin

JulesJules Fri 18-Apr-14 18:44:43

Bloody typical.

So glad she's back, Mad

Migsy1 Fri 18-Apr-14 20:28:15

She's treating your house like a hotel. You need to explain to her that she will be grounded if she doesn't show you some respect wink

Fluffycloudland77 Fri 18-Apr-14 20:30:39

At least she's back. I wish microchips gave off a tracking signal so you can say "she's two streets away" not sit there fretting.

cozietoesie Fri 18-Apr-14 20:38:43

Sureflap's next research project, I hope.

timtam23 Fri 18-Apr-14 21:53:36

Very pleased to hear she's back!

When my cat came back recently after 3 days away, DH got really into researching cat tracker devices - apparently there is quite a bit of inventing going on out there but it's all pretty expensive. DH is quite handy with electronics/computers and is wondering whether to invent something himself!

Madratlady Fri 18-Apr-14 23:57:03

timtam he should. Problem is if they are ones that go on collars they are useless, Girlcat's record for quickest losing of a brand new collar was an hour.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now