Baby Cat!

(68 Posts)
RubbishMantra Mon 14-Apr-14 15:59:39

Just wanted to share the adorable cuteness of the future addition to our family. Have to wait until mid June before he can come home. <bounces impatiently>

RubbishMantra Wed 25-Jun-14 20:43:57

Here he is posing in his new threads, and checking out his new snuggle bag.

RubbishMantra Mon 23-Jun-14 05:42:24

Thank you for the squee. smile Lovely to hear from somebody else who has a Devon. They really are the most sweet, self assured/chilled out little beings aren't they? A brilliant companion to my neurotic moggie with behavioural issues

And yes, MC most definitely enjoying some tearing about the house with MK. furry buggers woke me up They are having a noisy great game with an empty cigarette packet and a large and noisy paper bag. Clearly much better than their vast selection of toys...

They are now having a staring competition, chasing up and down stairs, wrestling match mash up. It's like watching a feline martial arts movie! And I don't even mind that they woke me up two hours before my alarm... <cat love emoticon>

PumpkinsMummy Mon 16-Jun-14 19:30:37

squeee he is amazing! I have a smoky tortie devon, they are the most fabulous cats. The noises they make are the best! My girl isn't as affectionate as your boy tho, it's all on her terms and she prefers DH (the little traitor, she obviously doesn't know how hard I pestered him for her) but she is so soft and lovely when she deigns to cuddle me. Oh, and keep the pics coming please!!

Fluffycloudland77 Sun 15-Jun-14 19:40:59

MC looks quite rakish.

cozietoesie Sun 15-Jun-14 19:37:21

He's only a young cat then - he'll likely enjoy some playing.

smile

RubbishMantra Sun 15-Jun-14 19:21:14

MC is coming up to four cozie, so still a baby himself really. He's snoozing next to us on the sofa.

Moar pictures!!! Why not something smile Here is the devilishly handsome MC and a sleepy MK.

something2say Sun 15-Jun-14 18:56:52

Moar pictures!!!

cozietoesie Sun 15-Jun-14 18:37:13

Lovely wee soul - and I'm pleased that Mantracat is becoming fond of him. How old is MC ? (I forget.)

RubbishMantra Sun 15-Jun-14 18:34:20

Thank you Catte smile

Here he is being a bumblebee grin

He's now snoozing on my lap after spending all afternoon beating up a paper bag. He is mental. grin

He's just delightful, and Mcat is now becoming fond of him and deigning to play with him. <basks in lovely cat love>

CatteLady Tue 10-Jun-14 22:51:44

He's gorgeous. Looks like a real character too!

RubbishMantra Tue 10-Jun-14 21:16:28

Thank you Psypher <proud>

Yup cozie, he starts playing with feet, he has very long, lanky back legs, then gets distracted by his tail...

Here he is, getting confused by feet and tails again grin

Psypher Tue 10-Jun-14 15:06:55

Oh, he is properly gorgeous, isn't he......

cozietoesie Tue 10-Jun-14 14:20:44

I'd have said he was playing with his tail. (It's called the 'Let me pin it down and see if it will try to move' game - hours of endless fun!) Human kids are at a distinct disadvantage by not having one.

The poo sounds OK. You'd expect a likely small change after a different home, diet and water - and no squits sounds promising.

RubbishMantra Tue 10-Jun-14 14:15:28

Poo still a tad squishy cozie, but no squits smile I kind of expected that as he's been getting used to a new wet food. Am putting a little water in it to make sure he remains nicely hydrated.

I've tried moistening his biscuits Fluffy, still not interested. I'll pick up a few sample pouches from PaH next time I go there, see if I can tempt him with something else.

Here's a photo of him playing with his feet - it's difficult to take a picture of him, as he's either tearing about or asleep on me grin

Fluffycloudland77 Tue 10-Jun-14 13:45:37

Are you meant to soften the biscuits? Mine wouldn't eat them & when I read the pack its said to soften them.

cozietoesie Tue 10-Jun-14 13:45:20

PS - if you've got spare kibble around, try putting it in a food foraging toy to make it fun? You can make them yourself or buy a cheap and cheerful plastic one online or in a store.

cozietoesie Tue 10-Jun-14 13:41:07

I reckon that that is called 'training your new owner' ! grin (My boys have always tried that on with me but probably without realizing that after years of Siamese, I'm stronger willed even than they are.) I wouldn't worry about it though if he's had his vet checks - some cats just much prefer wet food and if that's OK by you, then all is good.

Good about him and Mcat although a bummer about the fleas - probably a good idea to let the breeder know in a gentle way. They should be calm about being told about fleas if they're a decent breeder but sending a kit away with a case of them is not such good news.

How's his poo doing?

RubbishMantra Tue 10-Jun-14 13:27:25

I can only get him to eat biscuits by mixing them in with his food...He's had two vet checks, so no palate/mouth problems.

They're beginning to make friends now, less hissing from Mcat and a bit of tentative playing together, and meowing to each other.

He's bought some fleas with him, which although are eradicated from him (& Mcat had a treatment too) some seem to have escaped into the house, and made a meal of my legs sad I see by the other threads others are having this problem too.

cozietoesie Mon 09-Jun-14 22:56:55

How's it going?

RubbishMantra Sun 08-Jun-14 15:09:13

Yes, his poo is a little softer than it should be. He's refusing to eat any biscuits, apparently the same brand the breeder fed him (Royal Canin). I suppose I'll give him more wet food. He completely ignores the biscuits, as if they're not even food. I could try moistening them with hot water.

He's perched on my shoulder having a little sleep after spending all morning tearing about. grin He's so bold and full of beans!

cozietoesie Sun 08-Jun-14 13:43:24

Not this time - although Seniorboy (and others) have been known to have the odd accident in the past which has caused a slight odour! Goes with the territory. grin

Standing in your poo on the first day is entirely forgivable, I think. Just keep things clean and also, maybe, keep an eye on poo consistency ? He'll likely have had a little wobble in his intake (food, water, micro-mumble) through changing houses which could make his poo a little softer than normal. (Normal poo shouldn't really be soft enough to track much.) Nothing to worry about unless he develops a squitter - just keep a weather eye on it for a few days.)

Sounds good.

smile

RubbishMantra Sun 08-Jun-14 12:26:48

Oops, sorry, misunderstood, I read your post as you also smelt of kitten poo! grin

He stood in his poo after using his tray, then tracked it around the house a bit before I noticed. Apart from that, he's using the trays like a pro! smile <proud>

cozietoesie Sun 08-Jun-14 12:03:38

Yep - sleeping through like a Siamese. (If the common characteristic holds true, that will be a permanent feature rather than just an exhausted reaction to all of yesterday's events. They adopt human rhythms really fast - apart from the occasional blip when hormones first kick in and before neutering.)

How is the 'toilette' going this morning? You may have to give a little bit of leeway for small paws trying to use the litter tray: they're not always, initially, as competent as an older cat. Did he aim in the right place, anyway?

smile

RubbishMantra Sun 08-Jun-14 11:22:05

You haven't taken in a secret kitten have you cozie?

He slept all night between me & DH grin, and I swear he smiled at me when I woke up! He seems as smitten as we are smile

Will take some photographs later.

RubbishMantra Sun 08-Jun-14 11:16:52

You haven't taken in a secer

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now