Baby Cat!

(68 Posts)
RubbishMantra Mon 14-Apr-14 15:59:39

Just wanted to share the adorable cuteness of the future addition to our family. Have to wait until mid June before he can come home. <bounces impatiently>

cozietoesie Mon 14-Apr-14 16:26:45

Wee stick. How old is he now?

(I suspect you're going to have your work cut out with that one, by the way - look at the stance he's taking!)

itsnothingoriginal Mon 14-Apr-14 16:31:10

Awwww he's so sweet smile

I would be v excited too!!

Fluffycloudland77 Mon 14-Apr-14 16:42:37

Very cute, massive paws too.

What name have you picked?.

17leftfeet Mon 14-Apr-14 16:50:36

what breed is he? he looks curly!

RubbishMantra Mon 14-Apr-14 18:18:43

He's a Devon Rex, four weeks old. We think he looks like a Moses. We're completely smitten already! grin

cozietoesie Mon 14-Apr-14 18:59:32

He is gorgeous.

PipkinsPal Mon 14-Apr-14 19:04:58

He looks gorgeous and feisty. Moses is a wonderful name for your
kitty-to-be.

RubbishMantra Mon 14-Apr-14 19:18:10

Here's a photograph that shows how curly he is - he puts me in mind of a little lamb. Thank you for all the lovely things you've all said about him! <bursts with pride>

Fluffycloudland77 Mon 14-Apr-14 19:24:32

I'm guessing you have lots of photos grin

Keep them as comparison for when he's a hulking great adult.

cozietoesie Mon 14-Apr-14 19:26:18

He's going to be one serious tom.

SheherazadeSchadenfreude Mon 14-Apr-14 19:50:36

Moses is a good name - I knew a lovely cat once called Moishele (which is the Yiddish diminutive).

Oh. My. God! He is BEAUTIFUL!
I've never seen a Devon Rex before - he's like a very minute lamb! grin

RubbishMantra Thu 05-Jun-14 17:47:05

Only two more sleeps and then Mantrakitten will be living with us! grin It's been a long, impatient 12 weeks!

Here he is, waving to everybody on The Litter Tray grin

Fluffycloudland77 Thu 05-Jun-14 18:20:23

He will rule you with an iron paw! What will you call him?

RubbishMantra Thu 05-Jun-14 18:31:54

Well, we were going to call him Moses, but when we went to meet him, we thought he was more of an Avey.

He hasn't got much fur on his body, so the shaggy hair on his legs looks like legwarmers grin

isseywithcats Thu 05-Jun-14 18:54:59

hes georgous

cozietoesie Thu 05-Jun-14 19:06:30

He's quite something. Saturday is it?

RubbishMantra Thu 05-Jun-14 19:10:17

Yes, Saturday smile

So excited that I even had a dream about him last night. Is that mental? hmm

cozietoesie Thu 05-Jun-14 19:11:32

Quite, quite mental. But entirely appropriate! He's going to be a big part of your life for many years to come.

smile

RubbishMantra Fri 06-Jun-14 13:48:38

Do you think it best to let him sleep in our room, with the door shut? Rather than leaving him and Mantracat unsupervised to start with? I've ruled out kitchen for kitten as cats food, tray etc. are kept there. The only other available room is spare bedroom.

I know many advocate keeping them apart for a week/weeks, but this wouldn't be practical as our house is a: tiny b: fairly open plan. I'm anticipating Mantracat may well give kitten a tap on the head to show him the pecking order and put him in his place. They're both boys, and Mantracat isn't at all territorial, and Devons are supposedly easygoing by nature, so hopefully they will get along...

cozietoesie Fri 06-Jun-14 14:14:26

I've never had a personal cat/kitten that didn't make its way to the bed as a matter of right on the first night. But I don't know Devons. Where does Mantracat normally sleep?

RubbishMantra Fri 06-Jun-14 14:33:38

Mantracat sleeps where the fancy takes him, sometimes in the living room, the spare room and under our bed, never on/in it, though he is welcome to if he wants. I suppose his favourite place is his radiator hammock. I've bought another one for Mantrakitten so there won't be any fights over it wink.

Apparently Devons love sleeping in the bed, partly due to them not being too blessed in the fur department.

cozietoesie Fri 06-Jun-14 14:36:49

I'd take him to bed then. (I wouldn't be able to resist it to be honest.)

RubbishMantra Fri 06-Jun-14 14:58:55

That's decided then grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now