If you have a day off does your cat

(8 Posts)
Fluffycloudland77 Wed 02-Apr-14 13:42:54

Act like a bored toddler on blue smarties? I'm being miaowed at loudly for not entertaining him so he's broken into my wardrobe and nearly hanged himself on a blind cord.

It does make me want CCTV in the house for days I'm not here.

cozietoesie Wed 02-Apr-14 13:54:10

Don't be daft, Fluffy. You (and in particular your DH) would never get any work done for watching him - or dashing home every half an hour if you couldn't see him !

catameringue Wed 02-Apr-14 14:11:13

I've come to realise it's mainly an act for when you are there. I bet they normally sleep when you are out.
I'm on maternity leave and my 3 are driving me mad.

Stars66 Wed 02-Apr-14 21:57:26

I'm totally amused by my 9 week old kitten, she's been jumping round the house like a loon going over and under every piece of furniture. I too am interested in what she does when alone which has been 1 day so fargrin

SpandexBallet Thu 03-Apr-14 09:13:12

I really want to record my cat to see what she does. She's a right stroppy mare when I'm here on a day off. Like today she's just looking at me as if to say 'why haven't you left yet!'
But no doubt if I make a move to leave she'll get all cuddly and sentimental

cozietoesie Thu 03-Apr-14 09:16:01

I think they set you up in the morning to feel guilty in some way. She probably normally waits until you're out of the way and then goes for a long, luxurious snooze! (And you being there upsets her routine.)

Fluffycloudland77 Thu 03-Apr-14 09:50:07

We felt guilty leaving ours alone all day when he was a kitten but by noon on a Saturday we'd be getting the "just go OUT will you?" Looks & sighing.

Fluffycloudland77 Fri 04-Apr-14 19:50:20

I've remembered what he does! He fights with the bsh.

Neithers backing down, both poo in next doors borders & next door have segments of citrus fruits in their border like a cocktail explosion.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now