If you were an bad-tempered old cat where...

(12 Posts)
chemenger Fri 28-Mar-14 16:43:43

...would you have just thrown up? I heard it happening from a different room and assumed it would be in the middle of the carpet as usual, but I can't find it now. I was on the phone (bad news) and didn't go and find her while she was doing it. She always announces vomit by uttering this amazing noise which sounds exactly like a person shouting "noooooo" and I heard the retching so I'm pretty are its in the house somewhere.

chemenger Fri 28-Mar-14 16:44:05

sure it's in the house somewhere.

chemenger Fri 28-Mar-14 16:47:39

And obviously "a" not "an" in the title - I do speak English I just don't write it.

cozietoesie Fri 28-Mar-14 17:06:26

It will be on fabric of some kind - to impede cleaning - and likely at ground level. Once they start to feel an upchuck coming on, they seem to keep low. Which rooms did she have access to?

Usually whatever in the room is the most difficult to clean item. Ours makes a special effort to go to a carpeted room - usually under the bed for entertainment purposes to throw up.

In your shoe (one of mine once did that to my Mum's shoe when she came to stay). On top of your neat stack of tax receipts ..... Inside the bag of ASOS clothes you were about to return ... Cats are evil smile

chemenger Fri 28-Mar-14 18:43:51

I have previously had a cat throw up on a half-completed job application form. Which is why I don't work for the HSE.

Fluffycloudland77 Fri 28-Mar-14 18:47:29

She was faking it. Cats are clever & evil.

chemenger Sat 29-Mar-14 16:42:03

Found it. Quite an unspectacular pile of four pretty much undigested crunchies on a cork mat in the corner of the room. (The cork mat is there as part of an unsuccessful campaign to stop the other cat scratching the carpet, he is now happy to scratch it only just beside the many alternatives provided.) So the vomit turned out to be on an easily cleaned, non-valuable item, nobody guessed that. Even more amazing is that it was in a room containing an embroidered cushion made by my late mother and a pile of clean washing.

cozietoesie Sat 29-Mar-14 17:35:15

She was lulling you. Just wait until the next time.

anonforabit Sat 29-Mar-14 17:38:11

Agree with Cozie, they like to do stuff you least expect of them every now and again but it usually means they're plotting something big ......

chemenger Sat 29-Mar-14 18:32:21

Well the good thing, if she is plotting, is that we go on holiday soon, so the cat sitter will have to deal with it. Given that this cat sitter was last here during this cat's spraying up the curtains period, little fazes her.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now