I felt so sad for my boy today

(4 Posts)
PipkinsPal Sun 16-Mar-14 21:12:52

Last November Barnaby was killed by a car and his brother Troy initially missed him. Although I see Troy wandering around with no particular purpose I thought he had moved on a little. Today whilst I was mowing the lawn I spotted feathers on Barnaby's grave. Troy is very much into birds and I believe he gifted it to his dead brother.

Merrythulu Sun 16-Mar-14 21:19:34

Aww that's so very sad. sad Our young cat Apollo was hit by a car and killed last month, and I was thinking that Artemis his sister had gotten over it, but maybe it's too soon to get another cat. I hope Troy can move on.

PipkinsPal Sun 16-Mar-14 21:24:17

Thanks and sorry for your loss Merry. It's awful losing a pet in tragic circumstances. I did think about getting another cat as Troy is still young, 3 1/2, but I couldn't go through the heartache if he rejected a new cat and vice versa. I couldn't take the chance of my home being turned into a battlefield. Hope Artemis gets through grieving too.

boofted Sun 16-Mar-14 22:12:49

That is very sad. My cat was diagnosed with depression after her best friend died suddenly. It was so sad. We got 2 rescue kittens to try and help her. It took a long time for her to get better but now the 3 of them love each other.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now