My cat won't come in !

(11 Posts)
KenDoddsDadsDog Sat 15-Mar-14 20:41:41

My cat is about 14 years old and has always been a bit of a prowler (and a scrapper)
He had a cheek abscess about ten days ago and I took him to the vet. At the same time , another cat has started to visit us with no regard for territory. It's actually a bit of a scary cat as it sits outside , deadpan , looking through the window!
Anyway , since the vet trip my cat sits on the window ledge , crying to come in and when we open the door he runs off . He's not getting much food apart from when we can grab him and carry him inside.
We can't work out if he thinks he might be taken back to the vet or if he doesn't want to leave the other cat on his turf.
Any ideas ?

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 15-Mar-14 20:46:47

Do you have a microchip cat flap? Maybe the new cat comes in if he has the chance?.

If it was mine I would get him in and keep him in until he calmed down a bit.

The flaw in the plan would be dh who is less able to cope with a cats persistent nagging miaow.

KenDoddsDadsDog Sat 15-Mar-14 20:57:16

He doesn't have a cat flap . Think we are going to have to rugby dive and bring him in for a bit , you're right.

usualsuspectt Sat 15-Mar-14 21:00:36

Can you tempt him in with some Dreamies or other treats?

KenDoddsDadsDog Sat 15-Mar-14 21:07:06

He normally goes mad for the shake of the whiskas treats box so I left a trail from the front door. The little bugger picked them up and ran back outside !!

Catsmamma Sat 15-Mar-14 21:16:06

Is there a family dog who might like to help with this cat intruder??

We have a ginger cat who likes to visit and will chance his paws for adding our garden to his territory. He is a bit younger and fitter than any of mine, and they get a bit rattled. Reuben does his best but Timmy is more "Street"

Anyhoo.....Kelly adores cats, but is a 45kg german shepherd, and a bit of a Hooray Henry who likes to introduce himself and loves to break up cat fights especially.

Last summer there was a bit of a cat standoff on the drive so we let Kelly out of the courtyard garden..he spotted them squaring up and got in amongst them and while Reuben did the whole "pubfight, hold me back hold me baaaaaaaaaaaack, I'll 'ave 'im..." Timmy shot off horrified at the giant bear creature who was looming over him :D

So Reuben is now tight up there cos he lives with the big dog bear creature and Timmy showed himself up.

Catsmamma Sat 15-Mar-14 21:16:33

right up there, not tight. ffs. :D

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 15-Mar-14 21:24:09

Cats are smart, dh tried to get ours in with a chew, cat snatched the chew & legged it.

cats I grabbed mine from a nasty fight he wasn't winning & he did the whole "you should be grateful my mommies taking me in" routine hmm £60 vets bill.

KenDoddsDadsDog Sat 15-Mar-14 21:28:10

My parents' dog might help out , didn't think of that ! The two cats both lie asleep near each other but they are not friends. He's too well fed to be a stray.

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 15-Mar-14 21:31:08

Well cats have to be quite comfortable with each other to sleep near each other.

I've had 4 who hated each other, very little in the way of synchronised napping.

KenDoddsDadsDog Sat 15-Mar-14 22:31:13

He's in (for now! ) . DH pulled him in through a window , other cat now crying sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now