Stray Cat

(108 Posts)
EnlightenedOwl Sat 15-Mar-14 17:05:53

For some weeks a stray has been hanging around. Neighbours have been feeding him. However the last few nights he has been sleeping in my garden.
Finally gave in and gave him some dinner. He is now asleep on a chair in the house.
Luckily my cat seems to be tolerating him
Stray Cat is a tom cat, unneutered very friendly but I don't know what to do. i've left messages with the pet shop local catteries and vets pet found websites facebook etc.
I guess I should as a starter get him checked for a chip shouldn't I? he has no collar.

RandomMess Sat 22-Mar-14 14:42:07

Our cats are persistant kneaders -drives me a little crazy because one in particular luffs me soooo much it has to me that gets a pummelling!

EnlightenedOwl Sat 22-Mar-14 19:54:04

This is what my cupboard looks like. Do you think we've enough to be going on with!

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 22-Mar-14 19:58:56

No I think it's woefully under stocked.

What were you thinking? Unless the smoked salmon is in the fridge.

If so, carry on.

EnlightenedOwl Sun 23-Mar-14 15:54:47

In the garden today. Slight concern however as he has been on list for rehoming with cat rescue place and neighbour has told them he is still being fostered and is available if a place comes up there for him. She says it gives us options if things do not work out for him here. I would prefer it if he came off the list for rehoming really. ASAP will get him microchipped to me.

Fluffycloudland77 Sun 23-Mar-14 16:00:08

Can you ring them to explain he's happy with you & you intend to keep him?.

They look quite companionable together, I don't see how they rescue could provide him with a better home.

EnlightenedOwl Sun 23-Mar-14 16:02:39

I can see the sense of having an alternative available but they are doing so well! They had a tiny tiff in the back garden - over a sun spot! - but it was more handbags at dawn than anything really malicious.

cozietoesie Sun 23-Mar-14 16:20:51

They look fine together. I'd ring the rescue and say he's got a home already - and get him chipped to you ASAP.

EnlightenedOwl Sun 23-Mar-14 16:45:53

We've got a pet carrier of theirs which he arrived in and need to take it back guess we can tell them then. I really need to get this chip done - vaccination appt on Weds and will discuss chipping then.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now