Stray Cat

(108 Posts)
EnlightenedOwl Sat 15-Mar-14 17:05:53

For some weeks a stray has been hanging around. Neighbours have been feeding him. However the last few nights he has been sleeping in my garden.
Finally gave in and gave him some dinner. He is now asleep on a chair in the house.
Luckily my cat seems to be tolerating him
Stray Cat is a tom cat, unneutered very friendly but I don't know what to do. i've left messages with the pet shop local catteries and vets pet found websites facebook etc.
I guess I should as a starter get him checked for a chip shouldn't I? he has no collar.

EnlightenedOwl Sat 15-Mar-14 20:53:29

if he does belong to someone would hope I can get him back to them. This afternoon I've put him on the missing pets register, and the local petshop have retweeted my tweet about him. He is also on mumsnet local.

cozietoesie Sat 15-Mar-14 20:53:43

He's great!

Aww he is lovely. He looks very at home too. grin

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 15-Mar-14 20:56:58

I'm placing a bet on 18months old.

He looks just happy as can be on that chair.

EnlightenedOwl Sat 15-Mar-14 20:59:12

My cat checking him out

EnlightenedOwl Sat 15-Mar-14 21:00:17

We initially thought he was an old cat but on closer inspection think he is much younger than we thought.

MissPricklePants Sat 15-Mar-14 21:03:15

Aw he is gorgeous!! I think I would have to keep him if there was no owner!

Will you keep him if no one comes forward? Your cat is being very polite so far.

cate16 Sat 15-Mar-14 21:08:06

Actually - looking at him sitting so beautifully..... I think he's mine smile smile smile

I shall be around to collect him straight away!

Your cat really is polite enlightnened. SC would be alll arched back, massive tail and walking sideways while hissing if she saw another cat on her sofa.

cozietoesie Sat 15-Mar-14 21:09:12

I think that the OP's cat is being respectful more than polite. Samson is doing a well-honed 'Lord of All I Survey' thing there. He looks like a real alpha cat.

RandomMess Sat 15-Mar-14 21:10:55

He is a stunner!

EnlightenedOwl Sat 15-Mar-14 21:22:10

mine is being very chilled about it which is surprising. That said I think they have been hanging around together.
Will I keep him? I don't know - shall sit on the fence for now!

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 15-Mar-14 21:26:01

He looks in very good condition for a stray. I wonder if he's been evicted in favour of a younger cat.

EnlightenedOwl Sat 15-Mar-14 21:32:57

he has been hanging around a while and neighbours have been feeding him which is why he is a bit portly but he does seem in good nick for a stray. However his feet and stockings are filthy and his coat quite harsh and dirty. He is washing himself a lot. He has let me wash one sock for him and its come up nice and white.

OMG Enlightened he has been at yours 5 minutes and you are already washing his socks. shock

polkadotdelight Sat 15-Mar-14 21:37:06

Cor those are some cheeks! Definitely an entire tom!

AphraBane Sat 15-Mar-14 21:37:41

Oh, he is so gorgeous!

EnlightenedOwl Sat 15-Mar-14 21:38:22

If he stays he won't be much longer! yes sparkling typical bloke isn't he!!!!

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 15-Mar-14 21:44:41

Did you fetch him a beer too wink

EnlightenedOwl Sat 15-Mar-14 21:53:10

Both of them have gone out. Probably for a swift half!

timtam23 Sat 15-Mar-14 22:01:07

Isn't he just gorgeous! How kind of you to take him in. I am secretly really hoping that you can keep him grin

Me too and I am not being a hypocrite as I took on a stray following a MN thread. He so wants to come and live with you. ( no pressure really).

EnlightenedOwl Sun 16-Mar-14 09:11:54

He did not want to stay in last night so slept outside returning for breakfast this morning. Sadly whilst mine has not launched an attack he is clearly a bit worried about him being in the house and I have to put him first so I don't think I can offer Samson a long term solution. However! I will get him checked for a chip this week / neuter if no claim and then he can stay here until I find a forever home for him. he will be a nice pet when he is neutered as you can do anything with him he let me put some spot on flea stuff on him this morning. He has not been drinking excessively so just think he was really thirsty yesterday.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now