Join us at Workfest for expert advice on kickstarting your career x

Thread to post photos of your cats

(175 Posts)
FabBakerGirl Fri 14-Mar-14 19:49:51

The tortoiseshell and white cat was FABCat. She lived 31.8.96 to May 2013 and I miss her so much. She was the most amazing cat ever to live. In the photo she was 6 weeks old.

My Tortoiseshell is Daisy. Aged almost two and has been with us since May 13 from the rescue place. She is so funny, tiny and I love her so much.

GingerBoy is Tom, came from same place as Daisy, aged 2 and a real softie. He treats my house like a hotel. Has breakfast then goes off foe the day, saunters in miaowing his head off and then goes on a bed for a nap before disappearing again. I hate it. I want them to stay in all the time! grin. He is so adorable and I love him so much.

They have really helped us after we lost FABCat and the people who abandoned them need to be without food and water for days too.

timtam23 Fri 14-Mar-14 21:38:34

Laurie so sorry about your cat - hope she perks up

sashh Sat 15-Mar-14 08:42:55

Here are the black tigers, I fostered them until they got a forever home. Not sure if you can see their colouring, they were both completely black but in some lights you could see tabby markings but also in black, very difficult to describe.

Bagpuss accompanied me to South America, he quite liked the Argentinian policeman

SpandexBallet Sat 15-Mar-14 09:20:54

HadABadDay sorry about your girl. I hope you are doing ok! I can't even imagine how hard that must be!

Iwouldratherbemuckingout Sat 15-Mar-14 09:28:39

What a lovely thread. The picture of the 3 are my old boys who have crossed the bridge, ginger jake, stripey dilly cat and zeb, or bat cat, the grey and white lovely boy. Broke my heart losing them one after the other.

So step in 3 little rescue kits, Lillie the fluffy tortie who is my baby girl, little black shadow who is currently fast asleep, upside down with his nose in my armpit, and short the tabby Maine coon x who is as daft as a brush.

Iwouldratherbemuckingout Sat 15-Mar-14 09:29:24

Here's storm,

Muckingout we have a tabby Storm as well!

crazynanna Sat 15-Mar-14 11:32:08

Poppy
In a very apt MN shopping bag wink

joey99 Sat 15-Mar-14 11:49:47

Rosie who likes small boxes!

Gay40 Sat 15-Mar-14 13:08:47

This is our very old cat who MrsG has had from being a kitten. She is 15, deaf, has dementia and moments of incontinence with kidney failure. The vet says she isn't in any pain so we just let her go about her business.

juneybean Sat 15-Mar-14 13:13:50

Oh my, this is the best thread ever. This is my MN namesake Juney. She was born June 2002 and is still going... She enjoys lying in the most unladylike positions.

MarianneBrandon Sat 15-Mar-14 21:13:35

George (named before the royal baby)

MrsBradfield Sat 15-Mar-14 22:01:34

My rescue cat, Judy

usualsuspectt Sat 15-Mar-14 22:16:18

He likes to be warm

Fuzzymum1 Sat 15-Mar-14 22:20:44

These are three of mine - The tortie is McGonagall (AKA Mog) the ginger is her son Boddington and the B&W is also her son Trevor.

Fuzzymum1 Sat 15-Mar-14 22:22:47

These are the rest of mine, the floofy tabby and white is Douglas a maine coon cross, the tortie and white is Mabel, the ginger is Fred and the dark tortie cuddling fred is Marmite. Mabel Fred and Marmite are siblings.

Fuzzymum1 Sat 15-Mar-14 22:24:33

I love seeing pics of everyone's cats :D

HarpyFishwifeTwat Sat 15-Mar-14 22:33:09

We lost the handsome black and white boy to the road last year and who turned me from someone who disliked cats into a crazy cat lady. The new two are scaredy girls who we got just a couple of weeks later as I couldn't live without a cat now.

furlinedsheepskinjacket Sat 15-Mar-14 22:37:18

scary cat

SummerRain Sat 15-Mar-14 22:48:15

black and white girl is Blue, she's an ex feral of indeterminate age who moved herself in with a litter of kittens in tow 6 years ago. You'd never know she used to be feral now, she's a cuddly old soul who keeps the other 4 cats in line despite being half the size of any of them

The black boy in bed with dd is Dude. I found him dumped at the side of the road when he was a kitten, he was only supposed to stay with us until I could rehome him but he was quite ill and by the time he'd recovered we were all in love and couldn't let him go. He's 5 now and a huge, fluffy bastard who purrs if you so much as look at him and gives proper hugs

The two kittens are Pixie (grey) and Boots (ginger), that pic was taken the day I took them in. The stupid teenagers living next door were neglecting them badly and I had had enough and let them come into the house. That was almost 2 years ago now and they're beautiful grown up cats now. They were so ill from neglect when I took them in it was touch and go for a while but they recovered fantastically. Pixie is a mad little madam and Boots is dd's boy through and through.

one more to come.....

SummerRain Sat 15-Mar-14 22:53:36

This is Samhain, she's my girl. She's the only cat allowed in our bedroom where she snuggles up to me and purrs all night long. She's Blue's kitten and was due to be rehomed like the rest of her litter but she developed such an attachment to ds2 who was just a month older than her that we couldn't bear to separate them, she used to sleep on top of him in his bouncer and followed him around the house. It's just as well she wasn't rehomed tbh as she's a bit of an odd character, she hates most people and only tolerates cuddles on her terms, but when she decides to cuddle you my god do you get cuddled grin

Floralnomad Sun 16-Mar-14 16:06:20

This is my mums Ragdoll.

Wishyouwould Sun 16-Mar-14 16:37:48

Fluffy-Yaya - She will be 2 in May. We only got her as I promised my DD she could have a kitten if Man City won the Premiership never thinking it would happen. We absolutely love her, she is such a character and so loving.

Frizzbonce Sun 16-Mar-14 20:56:40

This is Stanley posing for 'Nuts' magazine. Or in his case 'No Nuts' grin

MissisBee Sun 16-Mar-14 23:21:10

Bonzo is almost 15. He had his eye removed last week due to a tumour. After a few days of being very cross about wearing a lampshade and not being allowed out, he's now his usual self and was chasing his toys about the floor today

thegreylady Mon 17-Mar-14 10:34:47

My two tonkinese who are brother and sister aged 15

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now