Showing off my lovely 14 year old rescue cat

(75 Posts)
Rollypoly100 Wed 12-Mar-14 06:33:31

Just wanted to post some pics of him and would love to see photos of anyone else's cats.

cozietoesie Wed 12-Mar-14 06:40:55

What a handsome lad - and he looks very self-contained.

How long has he been with you?

foofooyeah Wed 12-Mar-14 06:43:16

He looks a bit like my cat

Rollypoly100 Wed 12-Mar-14 06:46:16

Since the beginning of December, Cozie.

Foof, your cat is beautiful - I love tabbies.

Fluffycloudland77 Wed 12-Mar-14 07:20:03

Fluffycat chillaxing.

cozietoesie Wed 12-Mar-14 07:27:20

Such beautiful markings.

Does he do what Senioboy does and moan until you 'arrange for sunshine' ?

Fluffycloudland77 Wed 12-Mar-14 07:32:49

No he just flops down where he can.

Rolly your cat looks like he's doing the "well I'll just starve to death on the worktop shall I while you neglect me". Does he follow up with the "love you food lady, you're my favourite human" routine?.

JonSnowsPout Wed 12-Mar-14 07:37:22

Lucy Chilling out with the toddler and looking disapproving when i spend to much time on the computer

Rollypoly100 Wed 12-Mar-14 07:50:02

Fluffy, your cat has beautiful markings. Finn demands food in the nicest way and then departs via cat flap. Outdoors is new territory and he loves it. He loves the sunshine but pops back to check we are all still here. I think he has abandonment issues as his last owners moved house and left him behind!

Lucy is a very pretty kitty.

cozietoesie Wed 12-Mar-14 07:53:17

....his last owners moved house and left him behind.....

Oh My. You hear of that all the time but it's still hard to comprehend.

Did he take long to settle with you?

cozietoesie Wed 12-Mar-14 07:55:36

PS - Lucy definitely has a 'look' on her face when she's gazing in the direction of the computer. I wouldn't leave her in the room alone with it if I were you!

This is Josie who will be 22 in the summer.

MissPricklePants Wed 12-Mar-14 07:57:12

This is my cat, she is beautiful!

cozietoesie Wed 12-Mar-14 07:59:42

22! That's a grand age for a cat. Makes Seniorboy loook like a teenager.

What is her name MissPP ? (Lovely cat by the way.)

MinkyWinky Wed 12-Mar-14 08:02:43

Fluffy for some reason.... I thought your cat would be fluffygrin. He is gorgeous.

Our Fluffcat (who is fluffy!) starts demanding food (and gets very affectionate) about an hour before it's due and always rushes to the kitchen when he his the fridge door open. Batcat on the other hand is a lot more chilled and is usually found in one of his baskets (or wherever we have a fleece blanket down)

MissPricklePants Wed 12-Mar-14 08:07:52

Clara, she is 16 months old and a rescue cat. She only weighs just over 2kg. She is tiny!! How she managed to have 2 litters is beyond me. She is a very clingy cat,needs lots of love and fuss which she gets with me and dd.

Here's my baby, his name is Callahan and he is nearly 2.
He currently doesn't look as good as he does in the photos as he got into a fight and his coat was all matted and bloody, so I've had to clip him right up both sides. He looks very fetching with his Mohawk :-)

Mogz Wed 12-Mar-14 08:11:01

He's gorgeous, it's great that you rehomed an older cat. They need just as much love as kittens.
Here's our two, we've had them since they were 6 months and they'll be 5 this year.

MinkyWinky Wed 12-Mar-14 08:13:13

So many beautiful cats! Terra I love your washing machine photo smile

minky I was just about to put a load on shock glad I checked, he's a wee menace.

PolterGoose Wed 12-Mar-14 21:05:13

This is PolterCat, we got him from the Blue Cross 2 years ago, he's 11yo now and had never lived in a house before, he's taken to it rather well grin

Fluffycloudland77 Wed 12-Mar-14 21:08:07

It didn't work, do it again. I want to see poltercat!.

I do love black cats. My cats old BFF was black <true fact>

Fluffycloudland77 Wed 12-Mar-14 21:09:39

Ooh that is one relaxed cat.

LOVING this thread- in awe of Josie. 22 - what an age!
Sharing these pics of Scabbers, my ginger boy and Millie, my beautiful Torite girl.

Fluffycloudland77 Wed 12-Mar-14 21:22:28

That's some look of concentration on scabbers face there. Did the glass survive?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now