Boy cat has started horribly bullying his sister.

(7 Posts)
Coelacanth Mon 03-Mar-14 20:29:14

I mean really aggressive. It's like he's had a personality change. They're 4 year old raggies. Most placid usually. But today I've come home from work and girl cat hasn't eaten, is subdued and not right. I've discovered a clump of fur missing behind her ear and a scratch or maybe a small bite mark. She doesn't feel hot.

This has been going on like this for a couple of weeks now with me having to break them up and chase him away from her sad. I don't know what this means? What do I do? Both are neutered and I've had them since they were 13 weeks old.

Coelacanth Mon 03-Mar-14 20:29:54

Actually I am really, really distressed by this.

cozietoesie Mon 03-Mar-14 20:35:28

What are their littering and going outside arrangements, Coelacanth ? (If they do go outside.)

Coelacanth Mon 03-Mar-14 20:43:05

Well he litters inside and out and she litters inside. They go out first thing (well he does most of the going in/out/in/out) after breakfast then not until I get home at about 5. If I'm around I just let them in and out as per their wants but they don't roam, only really sit around for a few minutes and then come back in.

Having said that boy cat has had a fight this evening with a neighbourhood cat. I heard it and called him in. He's now sitting at my feet. He often gets the 'yowls' after he's been fighting his sister and I used to think he was kind of upset. Now I'm thinking he's demonstrating his prowess? I don't know.

Coelacanth Mon 03-Mar-14 20:50:26

And they share a litter tray btw.

cozietoesie Mon 03-Mar-14 21:46:35

I did wonder if there might be another cat stirring things a bit and maybe scent marking around the place. Have you noticed someone new on the block at all?

Oh - you could do with at least one more litter tray as well if they're both using the current one.

Coelacanth Mon 03-Mar-14 21:54:37

Ok yes, there is another cat. That would explain boy cats recent unusual vigilance at the back door, agitation and (you'll think I'm crazy) a kind of intense look on his face as if he's in a constant state of… well high alert actually.

So that would make him bully his sister sad. I hope it passes. I hate it. They're either side of me now and snoozing peacefully and I want it to stay like that.
Thank you cozie. I'll get second litter tray tomorrow.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now