Are your cats big cuddlers?

(28 Posts)

We have two - boycat and girlcat. Brother and sister from the same litter. They'll be a year old in two weeks.

Girlcat is ridiculously fussy and will only come for attention on her terms, but when she wants attention, she loves it and will happily come for cuddles or whatever.

Boycat is just a big soppy baby. He was the runt of the litter and every morning, he jumps on me in bed and lies on my chest and nuzzles at me while purring in my ear. He also follows me absolutely everywhere and jumps on me for cuddles when he so chooses all the time then

What about yours?

Lilicat1013 Fri 21-Feb-14 10:41:45

The cat we are adopting still hasn't been able to come home yet, he needed dental treatment, antibiotics and vaccinations which has delayed him for a few weeks. In that time I have been visiting him at his foster carers and he has been massively affectionate.

He is in a cat pen because he can't be near the other cats till his course of antibiotics has finished. He has an arrangement of shelves and walkways in there, when I go in he is often on one the height of my head, on my last visit he licked my nose when I said hello to him.

At the start of the visit he always likes to be picked up and cuddled, when he is finished with that he gets on his middle heigh shelf then lays on his side and kneads my stomach while having his head rubbed.

On one of the visits I tried playing with him with a cat nip toy, I brought it for him as a present and he was interested enough to take it out the bag himself but he only played with it for about two minutes before deciding having his head rubbed was far more important.

He is three years old and a former stray, they are not sure if he has ever had a proper home. I was told he had never been to a vets before. I think he is making up for all the attention he has missed out on.

He is coming home on Sunday, I can't wait. It will be lovely to have him curled up next to me on the sofa or sleeping on the end of our bed.

something2say Sat 22-Feb-14 21:01:10

Aww how lovely, hope you have a lovely reunion.

I have a gorgeous male British Blue shorthair, not overweight either so a lovely sleek animal. Such a warm personality, loves every visitor but not a lap cat. Curls and head rubs on floor, very regal.

Myself I am very close to him as it's just us two. I know his language re what he wants. You only have to look at him and he purrs. My bf plays with him and they rub faces. But he sleeps on me only, against an ankle.

Love love love him. His most recent name is L'animale.

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 22-Feb-14 21:09:41

Do put some photos of him up lili.

I hope it goes well when you get him home, I bet you'll spoil him rotten.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now