help name my kitten

(60 Posts)

im the proud owner of a girl kitten thats black with white feet and a white nose smile

I want an unsual name please any ideas?

cozietoesie Sat 08-Feb-14 11:09:16

They sometimes like to do their evacuation in a set order - eg poo before pee. (Who can read a cat's mind.) Sounds to me as if she knows where she has to go but wants to do a poo and is maybe a tiny bit physically or mentally constipated.

Pooing is the more difficult for a cat so if she's still scratching around this afternoon, maybe see if you can stimulate the action a little. (I'll get you a reference in a minute.) 9 weeks is old enough to be on their own if they've been taught by a competent Mom but the house she came from doesn't sound like it was the best of environments so maybe she was used to going in a pile of other poo and can't cope with the embarassment of soiling a clean tray! (If so, that will change.)

cozietoesie Sat 08-Feb-14 11:11:49

This may be a bit TMI but there are loads of other references on the net. Just google a bit. (Hopefully, she sort it out herself soon.)

whoop we have poo grin and in her litter tray.. im so proud smile

cozietoesie Sat 08-Feb-14 11:22:59

Yay! First use of litter tray is always a tense time. She'll be fine now that she's pood - it would have been on her mind and it's a big thing about settling in. (I poo therefore I belong...)

Clean up fast because she'll be peeing there shortly.

Well done her.

smile

cozietoesie Sat 08-Feb-14 11:28:04

PS - now that she's done some clearing out, she'll maybe eat a little more.

smile

I hope so shes barely eaten a mouthful hmm
I gave her a tiny bit of kitten milk and she drank that but hasn't touched her water..
by the way.. i love my cat grin

cozietoesie Sat 08-Feb-14 12:02:08

I think we need a picture of her, eh?

She sounds as if she's getting there. As I said, it's just a huge change for her and she could take a day or two to get into her stride.

You're doing well. smile

ScentedScandal Sat 08-Feb-14 12:05:14

Jemima.

We've named her Betty it suits her.. smile

ScentedScandal Sat 08-Feb-14 12:10:44

Awww...that's lovelysmile She sounds gorgeous.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now