My 5 month old kitten has started using the toilet..

(14 Posts)
Methe Fri 10-Jan-14 13:07:02

And if she can't use the toilet she'll wee down the plug hole in the bath! The litter tray seems to only be being used for poos.

Anyone else's cat do this?

DidoTheDodo Fri 10-Jan-14 13:38:25

Does she flush as well?

Methe Fri 10-Jan-14 13:43:51

Unfortunately not sad

She's in good company though dh and the kids rarely do..

GinSoakedMisery Fri 10-Jan-14 13:46:14

Clever!

My older cat used to use the shower cubical if he was locked in before we got the cat flap but never used the toilet.

Methe Fri 10-Jan-14 13:49:23

It is quite clever isn't it! [proud]

GinSoakedMisery Fri 10-Jan-14 13:52:21

You can buy litter trays that go over the toilet to train cats to use the toilet, but not sure Id use them.

It will save you a fortune in litter over the years.

She deserves an extra treat for that one.

Methe Fri 10-Jan-14 16:14:24

That's true I suppose and I won't be sad to see the back of the stinky tray either. Now I just need to teach her she can poo on the loo too!

DidoTheDodo Fri 10-Jan-14 16:24:24

I did have a cat who would use the bath is caught short (no cat flap) and this seemed a very good idea to me. A bit of hot water later and it was all clean!

Didiokitty actually fell ion the loo a few months ago (when she was much smaller) but I was in the bathroom with her so no harm done.

Methe Fri 10-Jan-14 23:49:54

Aww @ falling down the toilet!

We've had a. Chat and we're going to move the litter try to the bathroom to see of we can encourage poos as we'll smile

HowBadCanThisGet Fri 10-Jan-14 23:56:11

I get that she's clever, but did she join in the chat?

Methe Fri 10-Jan-14 23:58:06

Sadly no. She's oblivious! She also pissed on a soggy bath at that we'd left on the bathroom floor sad

EBearhug Fri 10-Jan-14 23:59:44

My mother's cat once got locked in the bathroom by accident, and when we found him, he was peeing down the plughole, and then trying to scrape the enamel over it. (That bit didn't go so well.) I was well-impressed by his intelligence.

sashh Sat 11-Jan-14 16:47:52

I had a cat who did this, for poo too. So much easier than a litter tray.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now