Question for those with dogs

(5 Posts)
Pennies Thu 09-Jan-14 10:21:07

Just introduced a puppy into the house and the cats are fecking furious. I've built them huge cat tree so they can rise above it (literally) and have also been more liberal with their access to the rest of the house (they've been allowed on the beds). So those bases are covered but the main problem is the cat's food.

How do you stop a puppy wolfing down the cat's food? I don't want it in the hallway and the rest of the rooms (except the kitchen, where the puppy lives) have carpet. I really don't want the cats on the work surfaces at all but if the food is on the ground the dog grabs it.

I dont have dogs all the time but dog sit for friends when they are away, when we have dogs in the house, the cat food goes on the kitchen table, my cats have dried food down all the time and the dogs just eat it if i leave it on the floor.

Fluffycloudland77 Thu 09-Jan-14 18:56:59

Ooh I bet they are sulking for England now.

kazzawazzawoo Thu 09-Jan-14 19:00:23

I feed the cats on the kitchen table. I never prepare food there, we never fit there to eat, it's only used for the car bowls! My mum used to put the cat food bowls on the washing machine.

Pennies Thu 09-Jan-14 20:53:28

Fluffy - it's Olympic level sulking, I can tell you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now