If you have two cats

(21 Posts)
januarysunsetfire Wed 08-Jan-14 21:00:35

Do they wash each other?

Mine do (brother and sister) - they get into a synchronised system where one washes one's head and the other does the other's paws.

I love it grin

frillyflower Wed 08-Jan-14 21:03:24

No they cuff each other round the head and occasionally touch noses

Bossycat washes Shycat sometimes. Mostly this consists of licking her fur up the wrong way until Shycat gets sick of it and moves. Bossycat never gets washed by Shycat - it's strictly a one-way deal.

They aren't related but are the same age and have lived together since they were 6 months old. They seem to quite like each other - they play and hunt together quite a lot.

HMG83 Wed 08-Jan-14 21:12:45

Both mine wash each other, inbetween fighting!

They aren't siblings smile

The female washes me more than she washes the male kitten. Always greets me with a lick to my nose and cheeks. Way too cute!

StainlessSteelCat Wed 08-Jan-14 21:16:33

have 2 brothers, litter mates but suspect they are half brothers. when they first arrived, they would sleep curled up together, go out exploring together, hunt together ... now they are 7, if they are in the same room they usually start boxing, but I have a feeling they take on other cats together - so typical siblings, no-one beats up my brother except me grin

NaturalBaby Wed 08-Jan-14 21:17:21

Nope. One used to suckle off the other when we first got them but now she just bosses the other around and attacks her. They are sisters from the same litter.

FeelingTheFire Wed 08-Jan-14 21:25:06

No, they play tag and dive on each other - often rolling around on the floor together. The do touch noses on occasion. They sleep next to each other but they make sure there's a slight space - they won't huddle.

We didn't have them together, though. One was here a year before we brought a second home. Maybe things would be different if we'd had them at the exact same time.

Sometimes but not all that often or for long, they touch noses and s

Sometimes but not all that often or for long, they touch noses and sometimes sleep together. Often just sit together in their bed for long periods, semi asleep with heads up.

They never used to - they tolerated each other but passed the time with plenty of play fighting and chasing. They never cuddle up to each other. However, recently I've caught them edging nearer each other on the sofa or my bed....and they clean each other's ears out. It's very cute! grin
until the tortie decides cuddling up is for losers and gives the ginge a couple of nips to get the chase started

lljkk Wed 08-Jan-14 21:52:38

They are brothers. Used to mutually wash, not since they were just under 2yo. They are still friendly sniffers.

januarysunsetfire Wed 08-Jan-14 21:53:04

I must have weird cats! grin Mine look exactly the same - both black and white - and curl up together so it looks like a black rug with two cat heads, and wash one another. It just makes my heart melt!

Bluestocking Wed 08-Jan-14 21:55:47

Calicocat washes Fluffycat every chance she gets, mostly round his head/face/ears. He doesn't wash her as much but does deign to give her the occasional dab!

Corygal Wed 08-Jan-14 21:58:12

These posts are severely sweet. grin

My ancient parents' cats sleep on each other in a big furry lump, between the elderly Ps, and often kick DM & DF in the night so they can get more comfortable in the centre of the bed.

FamiliesShareGerms Wed 08-Jan-14 22:00:22

Our (non-sibling) boys used to be fairly reciprocal,but now it's only the bossy one who occasionally grooms the other one to keep him in his place, I think

PandaNot Wed 08-Jan-14 22:11:52

My brothers wash each other and curl up in a big heap to go to sleep. It is very cute.

OddFodd Wed 08-Jan-14 22:20:22

Mine do and they also sleep together most of the time but they're not yet a year old. Long may it continue - it's so cute!

issey6cats Wed 08-Jan-14 22:56:09

my tuxies are brother and sister and the girl one not only grooms her brother but also the other two boy cats as well while it looks sweet she does it quite often so that she gets the seat to herself cos the smug look on her face when whoever she is giving attention too moves says more than words could, and because she grooms everyone the downside is she lobs up spectacular hairballs she also traps the dog on the chair and poor dog dare not move or she gets a swipe, but her and brother are very close they are 7 now and sleep together quite often curled up in a black and white ball and you cant tell where one cat ends and the other begins

Lonecatwithkitten Wed 08-Jan-14 23:08:50

They would have to touch each other and that never happen.

Yeah, they're brother and sister and I always find them by the radiator having a bath!

They seem to know that the bathroom is where the humans wash themselves, so they wash each other in there as well, it's really cute.

Tabby1963 Thu 09-Jan-14 08:01:10

I have two tabbies (were 6 in August) and I'd love to know what goes on in their little cat brains. They will go from sleeping together in our bed to having a massive fight up and down the stairs. What's going on? I don't know, but they are so lovely and affectionate to me; they have never raised a paw grin to me in anger.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now