What should I look for in a good cattery?

(5 Posts)
MimiSam Tue 07-Jan-14 12:57:02

We are relatively new to cat owning - this summer our two cats will have to go into a cattery for a fortnight. How can I spot a good/bad one?
Thanks.

issey6cats Tue 07-Jan-14 13:15:31

a good cattery will let you look round before booking, i work at a rescue center which in layout would not be too different to a cattery, the pens at the center have a shelf with a ramp for the cats to get up to, heated, we have cat genies but most catteries would have a litter tray, an outdoor covered run for the cats to see the outside world, with a cat flap for access, ask them if you bring your own food or if they supply which food they feed, most will be happy for you to bring your own, ask if they just feed and clean or if anyonegoes in to give the cats any attention, a good cattery should ask for up to date vaccs certificates and the best way to find a good local one is ask friends if anyone has used one and what they thought of it

cozietoesie Tue 07-Jan-14 13:53:10

This might help as well.

Best of luck.

TonksLupin Tue 07-Jan-14 14:05:10

Where in the world are you located? (Just generally). Someone might be able to recommend a good one through here.

MimiSam Wed 08-Jan-14 17:38:40

Thanks for link, cozietoesie, that looks great. We are in East Kent.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now