I'm in the market for a new hoover.

(14 Posts)
FloWhite Thu 26-Dec-13 18:50:33

my Miele cat and dog hoover is on it's last legs. It's been brilliant at picking up the worst of Alfie and Lulu's copious fall-outs (I've got pics on my profile of my beauties).

I'd buy another Miele but does anyone have another hoover which they swear by for animal hair? TIA.

Fluffycloudland77 Thu 26-Dec-13 18:52:22

I have a miele too, stick with what works.

We had a dyson once but it was rubbish.

Tiptops Thu 26-Dec-13 20:45:40

I have a sebo. Much better build quality than mieles and copes with my many animals!

timtam23 Thu 26-Dec-13 21:02:55

I bought a Miele 17 years ago and it is still going...for all of that time it's coped with 2 very furry cats without any problems and when it finally breaks down I'll probably get another miele.

issey6cats Thu 26-Dec-13 21:25:02

dyson fan here

cozietoesie Thu 26-Dec-13 23:01:03

I had Dysons for many years but never again. I now have Samsungs. (One for every level in the house - circumstances and it allows me to wash filters etc properly.)

FloWhite Fri 27-Dec-13 10:02:30

Oh thanks all - I've never had a Dyson or a Sebo so shall look at those before parting with my hard-earned cash!

cozietoesie Fri 27-Dec-13 10:18:46

Do you know anyone that has one of those and would let you borrow them for a try?

peggyblackett Fri 27-Dec-13 10:20:15

Miele. Far bette than Dyson IMO.

FloWhite Fri 27-Dec-13 14:44:19

No I don't know anyone with a Dyson or Sebo but I've read the reviews about them both. Sebo comes out by far the best performer but it's so blooming expensive!! Mind you so is the Miele and I know how good it is so it's just a case of choosing which one.

Who'd be a raggie owner, eh? fgrin

moonbells Sun 29-Dec-13 22:06:25

Parents have a Sebo. Yes they are good, but oh my they are HEAVY.

I've a 17yo Miele C&D and I got to play with the newest version where we holidayed this year. Nearly ate the carpets. I'd get another one like a shot. The new ones are much better than the old ones and I still can't fault the old one...

oscarwilde Sun 29-Dec-13 22:18:44

Binned a dyson in favour of a Henry

cupcakeicing Sun 29-Dec-13 22:28:32

Sebo lover here. Had Dysons etc in past and definitely a convert.

Madlizzy Sun 29-Dec-13 22:31:19

Henry. Picks up when my fluffiest cat leaves half his body behind wherever he sleeps.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now