sad thread - cat run over wwyd?

(16 Posts)

It's so good that you did it Kepek. Lots wouldn't. And when her grief is less raw she will be forever grateful.

KepekCrumbs Wed 01-Jan-14 21:57:50

I found a poor kitty dead on the pavement outside our house this morning. Clearly had been hit by vehicle.

Knocked on doors and found the owner. Horrible to be the bearer of such sad news on first day of new year. She was distraught.

sad

Oh that's a shame furlined. But at least the poor thing will get cremated and a decent end.

furlinedsheepskinjacket Fri 27-Dec-13 19:29:17

vet rang.no chip.description of cat is on vets database and they will contact local shelters.they have been great.
unlike the speeding driver who didn't even stop.

cozietoesie Fri 27-Dec-13 18:57:06

Yes - that's a good thing that you've done.

furlinedsheepskinjacket Fri 27-Dec-13 14:46:20

oh yes must be such a worry.i have 3 and would be frantic if one of mine was missing.

Thanks for doing this furlined if it is owned the owner will at least have closure. x

furlinedsheepskinjacket Fri 27-Dec-13 14:38:53

vets tonight - they will check chip for us and their records,keep the cat for a while then cremate.

thanks for all your help.

NatashaBee Fri 27-Dec-13 13:47:05

Poor cat sad hopefully it has a chip so that they can locate the owner and at least stop them wondering.

sad Hope he was chipped, and the owner was located.

ToffeeOwnsTheSausage Fri 27-Dec-13 13:25:22

Oh dear sad.

Did you manage to find the owner?

furlinedsheepskinjacket Wed 25-Dec-13 00:04:17

thanks summer x

SummerRain Tue 24-Dec-13 23:56:00

It's pretty cold so it should be alright.

Poor cat, and poor owner if there is one. I hope it wasn't a child's pet, they'll be devastated on xmas sad

furlinedsheepskinjacket Tue 24-Dec-13 23:53:33

do you think it will be ok in shed til then fluffy?

thanks

Fluffycloudland77 Tue 24-Dec-13 23:51:36

Take it to a vet on the 27th to be scanned for a microchip, they won't charge you for it.

Then ring round local vets and rescue centres with a rough description to see if it matches anyone's lost pet.

So sad, someone's cat didn't come home sad

furlinedsheepskinjacket Tue 24-Dec-13 23:10:20

sorry sad thread for xmas eve

exdh noticed cat run over today in his street.unfortunately poor thing had died.he has wrapped it up and put in his shed.nobody locally seems to know who's it is.

what should we do? it can't stay in shed for long,vets closed.any advice?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now