Dear Posh Arrogant Boy Cat

(9 Posts)
Lonecatwithkitten Tue 24-Dec-13 09:08:46

If you placed yourself beneath my foot I will stand on you. If this happens it is your own fault, don't then bite me.
This is what happened as I went to get in the shower this morning and I now have a massive bite wound on my foot.

DuffyMoon Tue 24-Dec-13 09:11:11

One has to chastise the staff for their infringements

Toomuch2young Tue 24-Dec-13 09:14:07

Eek! Bless poor trodden on Posh Boy!
But on a serious note - I'd try and get antibiotics, cat bite I had got infected - nearly ended up on IV antibiotics. Second time i got preventative antibs and was fine..

Lonecatwithkitten Tue 24-Dec-13 09:18:39

Thank you too much I know what to look for and have a very good relationship with my GP/OOHs as a vet so can access antibiotics easily if they are required. He wasn't carrying haemabartonella at his last donor check so I'm unlikely to need them.
I have to be nice to him he saves other cats livesgrin.

cozietoesie Tue 24-Dec-13 11:19:33

Out of interest because I've always wanted to know - do animals have blood groups or can they donate to anyone?

And is there a plethora of donors or a shortage?

Lonecatwithkitten Tue 24-Dec-13 11:22:10

Cats have two blood groups and must have the right blood type for their transfusion. There are not enough donors as there are strict rules, must be healthy weight of over 4.5kg, regular blood tests to check for FeLV and other infections. Very expensive to maintain donors and currently there is no blood bank for cats there is for dogs.

cozietoesie Tue 24-Dec-13 11:26:15

So if there's - say - a bad traffic accident, then you just have to call in donor candidates on spec?

Who will pay for the blood tests etc? (I presume not the donors' owners so do they just get borne temporarily by the practice and then added on to the bill for the patient in proprtion?)

Oh - and how do you register for it? Just mention it to the vet?

(Sorry for the flurry of questions. Can you tell I'm into displacement activity with Xmas things to do? grin)

Fluffycloudland77 Tue 24-Dec-13 13:18:57

I bet his paws really sore though sad

Poor posh arrogant boy.

grin

Lonecatwithkitten Tue 24-Dec-13 21:33:31

It is more often cats with medical conditions that need transfusions. The only donors we have registered are staff cats I cover all the costs in the practice when a cat needs a transfusion owners just pay the direct costs of taking the blood and transfusing it.
Probably why I'm not filthy rich.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now