Does anyone remember a certain fabulous cat?

(12 Posts)
ToffeeOwnsTheSausage Sat 21-Dec-13 13:32:00

I can't remember if I have posted but we now have two new furry members of the family grin.

I still really miss FABCat though sad. The sofa is too big and cold without her and our new cats don't sit next to me. It is our first Christmas without her and soon we will have a new year that she never lived to see sad. I know I am being daft as she passed away 7 months ago but with having her over 18 years it is a big loss.

Our new cats are a boy and girl. The boy is a lion in disguise or maybe a teddy bear. He is about 2 years old and has beautiful tabby colourings with a white beard under his chin. He is very chatty and both already know the routine of biscuits before bed grin. Still to get it that Sunday = roast chicken though grin

Our girl is a tortoiseshell and is tiny. She is around 18 months old (The RSPCA said they were 3 when we got them, they are nowhere near that!) and has a split coloured face and back paw.

Both like to bring presents. So far - a live frog and several live worms as well as lots of dead worms and some dead mice.

BoyCat likes to bite hair and sleep on the top of the chair behind Daddy. GirlCat sleeps on the top of the chair no one sits in as much. They both like to sleep on the kids beds too and BC has stopped sleeping in a box under DD's. She is sad about that as they only sleep on DS1 or DS2 or my bed now. I think she feels left out sad.

I really miss FABCat but BC and GC have really helped bring our house back to a home and bring warmth into it. Especially as we lost BoyGuineaPig in September and GirlGuineaPig in November.

I can't wait to see what they do on Christmas morning fgrin.

RandomMess Sat 21-Dec-13 13:35:51

FABCat will never be forgotten!

Glad the duo are keeping you entertained smile

cozietoesie Sat 21-Dec-13 13:38:16

Funnily enough, I was thinking about FBCat the other evening and wondering how you were all doing. Good news that you have some new residents even if they have some rather large shoes to fill!

Pancakeflipper Sat 21-Dec-13 13:39:38

I remember FABCat (but lurked -sorry) !
Glad you felt able to make that move onto offering a home to 2 other cats. Lucky cats.

It's always odd get another cat (or 2 !). You try not to compare but you do miss the sweet loving things your old cat did.

My second cat has been with us 7 yrs this month and I feel I have fully embraced him. That sounds awful - he's very loved in our family. Always loved him but now its a real need to see him and play/cuddle/let him sleep on my feet love. Just taken me a huge time but that was perhaps our other cat was my first cat.

Enjoy learning and l

Pancakeflipper Sat 21-Dec-13 13:40:28

Oops posted too quick...

Enjoying loving them and the bond growing. They sound brilliant characters.

CyberMenStrual Sat 21-Dec-13 13:47:04

Lovely to hear about your new additions! We also acquired 2 cats when we lost our grand old lady aged 22. Someone once said to me that a house without cats was incomplete - and I totally get that! Still miss her, but love my new additions - although I had forgotten about having to put all food away and clear up their gifts of mice!

catameringue Sat 21-Dec-13 14:36:53

I find turning the heating down and bringing the duvet onto the sofa acts as a giant cat magnet. I like to pretend they are sitting on me because they like me, not because they are cold!

Xmas2013SantaC2161 Sat 21-Dec-13 14:40:37

I remember FabCat, posted on her threads.

Glad to hear you've got two new fluff balls and they've settled in well.

Can we see pics please?

Xmas2013SantaC2161 Sat 21-Dec-13 14:40:55

Oh arse, namechange!

ToffeeOwnsTheSausage Sat 21-Dec-13 15:28:04

I have photos on my phone, does anyone know how to upload on to here?

No one will ever fill FABCat's paws, and I don't love BC and GC in the same way but I am glad we have them. Would miss them if they left and am very happy to have them. They actually picked us when we got them from the rescue place. We only went so I could get over seeing other cats and before we knew it we were in being chosen!

We got two so the heartbreak hopefully wouldn't be as bad and also because two would be fun. The kids wanted three cats, one each, but I was thinking vets bills. I also wanted tiny kittens but I wasn't prepared to queue up at 11 o'clock as that all seemed very unseemly.

DH vetoed a 12 year old cat and luckily for him she did eventually get a home.

DidoTheDodo Sun 22-Dec-13 10:48:47

I remember Fabcat.

I also have a new cat this Christmas (8 months old) who I love very much, but at the same time I still miss Oldcat who died in January.

They definitely all have their distinct personalities and little quirks!

ToffeeOwnsTheSausage Sun 22-Dec-13 11:44:16

They really do!

We are getting to know our two new additions but don't know them as well as FABCat yet which upsets me a bit. May be it takes longer than you think, plus I got FABCat at weeks old and our two new cats were one and must have had a home at some point.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now