She hasn't come back in...

(28 Posts)
FushandChups Tue 17-Dec-13 17:05:56

Have had our cat for 3 weeks and she has been kept inside all that time to get her used to being here.

She was patrolling by the front door today so I thought she wanted out (I was advised that she would let me know when she wanted to go outside as she had always been an outside cat) so I opened the door and out she went...

She hasn't come back sad it's only been two and a half hours and I guess she is exploring our neighbourhood but the kids are sad and I kind of wish I hadn't done it.

A friend said she will come back when she's hungry so perhaps rattle dry food/treats and have tried that but no luck..

Just looking for reassurance she'll be back as she is very much wanted here (I have nightmares of someone 'adopting' her and us never seeing her again). I guess it's always this way the first time you let them out but am a cat novice and this is making me sad!

FushandChups Wed 18-Dec-13 17:11:33

I know - world famous in my living room grin It doesn't even look much like her as she seems to have grown A LOT(when do cats get fully grown?)

Thanks for all your wisdom here - and many other threads - has really put my mind at ease!

cozietoesie Wed 18-Dec-13 17:38:51

You'll need to put a picture on your profile - or indeed The Picture. If she's from Turkey, she might have some interesting bloodlines.

FushandChups Wed 18-Dec-13 21:09:07

Not sure about the interesting blood lines - she was found on the beach grin

Don't think I can upload photos from my phone but next time I'm on my laptop, will see what I can do!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now