Blinkin nora cats just had kittens!

(70 Posts)
cjdamoo Wed 11-Dec-13 18:34:40

We did the responsible thing and rehomed a cat from the rescue in July. Was assured it was vaccinated and desexed and given the certifactes to prove this. I let it in at midnight and it went and climbed in bed with my 11 year old. Kid came flying through at 3am shouting there was blood all over his bed and a kitten. Well now there are 3. Where do I stand with the recue? Can I insist they pay for her to be desexed and rehome the kittens?

paneer Fri 13-Dec-13 22:25:28

She was as still bald where she was spayed when she came home.

cozietoesie Fri 13-Dec-13 22:29:53

Well did the vet confirm she was spayed?

paneer Fri 13-Dec-13 22:41:03

cozie I have pm-ed you.

TheBunsOfPanettone Fri 13-Dec-13 22:57:57

Paneer are her nipples swollen?

JaneEyreTheRedNosedReindeer Fri 13-Dec-13 23:06:08

Lovely video!
You have to keep at least one, OP!
Many years ago I was heartbroken after the unexpected death of our first cat. My friend persuaded me to get two kittens - they were fabulous fun together: DH and I spent hours watching them play. They cuddled up cutely together on the sofa and were very patient some years later when our long awaited only child became a toddler!
They were with us for many years, much loved and still very much missed.

cjdamoo Sat 14-Dec-13 07:15:23

www.youtube.com/watch?v=TuhnGoSxc58 Day three of kittens they are now in a suitcase

MinesAPintOfTea Sat 14-Dec-13 07:31:56

Oh they're gorgeous! I'm all kitten-broody now

cjdamoo Sat 14-Dec-13 08:31:14

We have been watching you tube videos of kittens at each stage. Cannot wait until they start becoming playful. My house is going to be chaos, 1 cat that is very demanding of cuddles and rubs, 4 kittens 1 broody teenager 3 primary aged boys and a toddler with a devilish streak. Not to mention they are off school until Febuary. Dh is delighted as he has holidays booked to coincide with school hols from Mid january when they will be at there worst best

my cat was spayed and got fat. yhen had three kittens!

I found homes for them in the first week.
five months on, two live with me and one at the mil!! I got let down om homes and by then they were just so lovely they had to stay grin

have to say I raise lovely kittens!!

lljkk Sat 14-Dec-13 09:39:26

awwww.... you're a good Cat Mummy, Cjdamoo. Thanks for the vids. Your Misty is a dead ringer for one of my boy cats (lost twins?).

LST Mon 16-Dec-13 06:51:42

Eeee kittens!

You're doing great op smile

Lemsy Tue 17-Dec-13 04:20:18

Oh how cute!

Same thing happened to us. Cat from rescue centre, definitely spayed, they said. Documents etc. Started getting fatter but obsessed with food. Told rescue centre, no, could not be pregnant. Came home from work one day, she was popping out 3 kittens (4- one didn't make it). We kept them for a lovely, sleep deprived, crazy three months and they were all re-homed together, where they still are. And mum is still with us smile

Good luck !!!

cjdamoo Fri 20-Dec-13 06:38:53

So the kittens are now 8 days old. All boys. They have been named Scamp, Gizmo, Ludo and Nookie. Rescue center has been fab so far with support answering my stupid questions calming me down when mumma cat escaped :D I have even digitised the rescues logo and embroidered it onto teatowels to help them with fundraising. Its like sinking sand I think I am been sucked in :D

Sparklingbrook Fri 20-Dec-13 07:14:55

cjdamoo I think this sums it up. grin

BettyMacdonald Fri 20-Dec-13 07:24:32

Lovely lovely thread! flowers for you (Granny) cj. My lovely cat died just before the summer holidays, I'd had Jim for 12 years, pre DH and DCs <wail>. We're getting a rescue kitten for Christmas and I'm beyond excited! I also had a rescue cat give birth on my bed when I was a teenager. Was wonderful not sure if my mum agreed grin

TheBunsOfPanettone Fri 20-Dec-13 09:11:26

fgrin cjdamoo

Tiptops Thu 26-Dec-13 16:57:33

Well done for looking after them cjdamoo they are beyond cute!

ToffeeOwnsTheSausage Fri 27-Dec-13 13:22:41

grin at hopeless plan to rehome.

Also reading thread with fear. Got ToffeeGirlCat in May and she has got fatter. Also spayed by vet at RSPCA. Doesn't like to be touched much. Always hungry. <worried>

TheBunsOfPanettone Fri 27-Dec-13 22:06:11

Toffee are her nipples swollen hmm

ToffeeOwnsTheSausage Sat 28-Dec-13 16:50:04

She is playing out at the moment but I will look when she is back.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now