Blinkin nora cats just had kittens!

(70 Posts)
cjdamoo Wed 11-Dec-13 18:34:40

We did the responsible thing and rehomed a cat from the rescue in July. Was assured it was vaccinated and desexed and given the certifactes to prove this. I let it in at midnight and it went and climbed in bed with my 11 year old. Kid came flying through at 3am shouting there was blood all over his bed and a kitten. Well now there are 3. Where do I stand with the recue? Can I insist they pay for her to be desexed and rehome the kittens?

cjdamoo Fri 13-Dec-13 07:18:49

According to the rescue no, They got her at 4 months after she scratched the 2 year old she had been bought for. I was shown the surrender form. She was constanty over looked in the rescue as she was past the cute kitten stage and black cats are not popular atm according to the recue and judging by the amount they had she was right.

Im gonna sound like a right pillock now but Im sure shes fed up of been shut in the bathroom with the kittens she must be missing her cuddles on the lounge but I dare not leave the door open so she can come and go yet as they are still so teeny

Sparklingbrook Fri 13-Dec-13 07:20:40

Could you get some sort of large box that the kits can't get out of by Mum can IYKWIM?

They are so sweet, brilliant the rescue are doing the right thing.

DoctorTwoTurtleDoves Fri 13-Dec-13 07:25:47

Agree with Sparkling re the box. They're contained and safe and she can come and go as she pleases.

cjdamoo Fri 13-Dec-13 07:27:26

We tried the box thing with a bit cut out at the front but she kept getting out paniky, shes never liked confined spaces

Sparklingbrook Fri 13-Dec-13 07:32:40

Maybe something like this would work. I wonder if the rescue place could lend you one?

cjdamoo Fri 13-Dec-13 07:36:57

We have a pet cage, I bought it hoping she would sleep in it. No she refuses to enter it. The children however have great fun it hmm

TheBunsOfPanettone Fri 13-Dec-13 08:49:33

Glad the rescue will be helping you cjdamoo and good on you for adopting an overlooked cat who had such a tough start in life - really, can't believe someone gets a kitten for a TWO year old and then sacks her for scratching! Hope whoever it was engages their brain next time they go looking for a pet.

Thanks for the video - I love black cats and wish I could home a couple of kits for you but I'm on the other side of the world and currently not working.....

Hoping you can solve the problem of a safe place for the litter to sleep that mum can get in and out of easily!

cjdamoo Fri 13-Dec-13 09:01:25

weve had a brain wave toddler gate across the bathroom door! That way mum can come and go but terrible toddler cannot wander in and gain acsess to teeny babies it will work until they start to become mobile at least!

cozietoesie Fri 13-Dec-13 09:12:16

Good thinking. Here's hoping it works well.

cozietoesie Fri 13-Dec-13 09:13:39

Oh - and what a gorgeous sprawl of kittens.

tobiasfunke Fri 13-Dec-13 09:18:14

They are so sweet- Kittens for Christmas. Same thing happened to my SIL - told her the rescue cat had worms and gave her worming tablets. Turned out to be 5 kittens. We took one and he was the fluffy joy of our lives.
Maybe you'll be tempted to keep one.

BertieBowtiesAreCool Fri 13-Dec-13 09:23:39

Oh please keep one smile My mum had two black cats when I was little and one was the mum of the other.

So adorable grin

cjdamoo Fri 13-Dec-13 10:02:37

Strangely 2 are virtually identical in markings white feet white tummy and a white stripe on the face apart from one has a black toe. We have named the one without the black toe Scamp as he is a bit lively already and shoves everyone else aside to get at her milk. Then theres a black with a little white on its belly and one that is bluey grey.

cozietoesie Fri 13-Dec-13 10:07:10

Ah - you've started to name them, eh? grin

cjdamoo Fri 13-Dec-13 10:36:51

its a slippery slope I know but we didnt mean to.... It just happened.

TheNightIsDark Fri 13-Dec-13 10:40:27

grin You're not rehoming any of them are you?! They have names now and personalities.

cozietoesie Fri 13-Dec-13 10:46:18

......It just happened......

I knew I was in trouble with the lodger not when he moved into the workshop and acquired a blanket and a bowl or two but when he also acquired a name.

grin

cjdamoo Fri 13-Dec-13 11:22:45

45 minutes dh has been sat watching them, sat on the bathroom floor i might add and they dont do anything yet

eurochick Fri 13-Dec-13 11:27:50

grin

Showy Fri 13-Dec-13 11:38:27

My parents looked after some kittens after their mother was killed a few days after they were born. They weren't going to keep them. Nope. No way. They would be rehomed asap.

They of course adopted them... they are spoilt rotten.

paneer Fri 13-Dec-13 22:01:23

I am so shocked about this.

My cheesycat (rescue) is looking a LOT bigger than when she first came to live with us. I keep telling myself there is no way she could be. This post is scaring me.

IThoughtThat Fri 13-Dec-13 22:08:07

Great video! I can see how you could have missed the pregnancy with such a fluffy cat.

I am glad the rescue is sorting everything out.

cozietoesie Fri 13-Dec-13 22:17:24

Oh My, paneer. How old is she?

grin

cozietoesie Fri 13-Dec-13 22:18:41

PS Is she looking bigger overall - or only in one place?

paneer Fri 13-Dec-13 22:23:41

she was assumed to be 2 when I got her in May. My mum and sister on separate recent visits commented on how big she was.

I have noticed too. She looks longer and belly hangs more.

She can't be can she?? What do I look out for?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now